Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holbrook is fired

Ok let's settle this whole argument. Per all you cow stumping fans of the upstate, the definition of Spurriering is quiting on your team mid season. Y'all have said that many many times. So how does that definition apply to a coach that was forced to resigned by his AD after the season was over. Per you stump knockers definition, Tammy Bowden Spurrieried, not Holbrook. So no JJ I did not bring it up. If y'all are going to make up words, at least use them right. I stick by my statement of, you can't get Spurrier out your heads.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 06-07-2017 at 07:24 AM.

You cannot possibly understand but the National Champions only laugh at that old drunkard now. Clemson is looking down on ALL of college football right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They'll hire whoever they want. Probably this year's CWS winner to get some credit on that NT too. Or maybe they'll have a MLB WS winner beating down the door just for a chance at those facilities and a baseball Mecca like Columbia. Hell, I bet there's a line outside Tanner's door right now of coaches with resume' in hand.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thank you for Spurrier. His little run and constant shenanigans are responsible for clemson's success. Investments in facilities, staff, recruiting, etc. He is responsible for getting Clemson back to national prominence. Had it not been for his little run against Clemson, the powers that be on the board and in the athletic office and IPTAY would have been fine spending less money, going 9-3/8-4, attending mid tier bowls and beating USuC like a rented mule, just like the Bowden days. But then, just like that, you threw gasoline on a fire, started the 5 bombs and crap, and woke a sleeping giant. It was then that Dabo got everything he asked for in terms of money, coaches, facilities, etc. to build the powerhouse they have today.

Clemson is on top of the mountain and isn't going anywhere for some time.

Thanks Spurrier!
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 06-07-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Ok let's settle this whole argument. Per all you cow stumping fans of the upstate, the definition of Spurriering is quiting on your team mid season. Y'all have said that many many times. So how does that definition apply to a coach that was forced to resigned by his AD after the season was over. Per you stump knockers definition, Tammy Bowden Spurrieried, not Holbrook. So no JJ I did not bring it up. If y'all are going to make up words, at least use them right. I stick by my statement of, you can't get Spurrier out your heads.
    I never said Holbrook spurriered. I, like everyone else, feel that he was told that he could resign, or be fired. I am just pointing out that you started talking about football, not us clemmings.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I never said Holbrook spurriered. I, like everyone else, feel that he was told that he could resign, or be fired. I am just pointing out that you started talking about football, not us clemmings.
    I know you didn't but one of your brethren Feetdown did. I did not say you said it.

Back to baseball. Here is the list they're after.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/new...xt-head-coach-

That was easier than I expected it to be......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Back to baseball. Here is the list they're after.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/new...xt-head-coach-
    You can about skip straight down to #6 on that list. I think O'Connor is the only one in the 1st 6 that has any chance in coming true. They could give him the financial increase and sell the baseball support vs what UVA has in their program. I personally think the other 5 would be pissing in the wind. I would add Nick Mingione to that list. He doesn't have a huge resume as a head coach, but his upside seems really high. UK is about to build a new stadium and he is getting some support, so it may be hard to pull him away as well, who knows. I think you need to go out and find someone that has a high ceiling and wants to make SC their program. It's hard to lure a proven coach with a great program/job security away from what they have built.
    Last edited by SCTRKY; 06-07-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    That was easier than I expected it to be......
    Well, nobody said PJ Bentley up there was part of a brain trust.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by SCTRKY View Post
    You can about skip straight down to #6 on that list. I think O'Connor is the only one in the 1st 6 that has any chance in coming true. They could give him the financial increase and sell the baseball support vs what UVA has in their program. I personally think the other 5 would be pissing in the wind. I would add Nick Mingione to that list. He doesn't have a huge resume as a head coach, but his upside seems really high. UK is about to build a new stadium and he is getting some support, so it may be hard to pull him away as well, who knows. I think you need to go out and find someone that has a high ceiling and wants to make SC their program. It's hard to lure a proven coach with a great program/job security away from what they have built.
    I think you could get Calvi from South Alabama. A couple in that top 6 I don't want anyway. I don't want anything that learned from Jack Legett coaching the team I pull for.

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Thank you for Spurrier. His little run and constant shenanigans are responsible for clemson's success. Investments in facilities, staff, recruiting, etc. He is responsible for getting Clemson back to national prominence. Had it not been for his little run against Clemson, the powers that be on the board and in the athletic office and IPTAY would have been fine spending less money, going 9-3/8-4, attending mid tier bowls and beating USuC like a rented mule, just like the Bowden days. But then, just like that, you threw gasoline on a fire, started the 5 bombs and crap, and woke a sleeping giant. It was then that Dabo got everything he asked for in terms of money, coaches, facilities, etc. to build the powerhouse they have today.

Clemson is on top of the mountain and isn't going anywhere for some time.

Thanks Spurrier!
    You better thank Watson for that run. It is going to be hard to fill his shoes. He truly was special.

I think you could get Calvi from South Alabama. A couple in that top 6 I don't want anyway. I don't want anything that learned from Jack Legett coaching the team I pull for.
    Yeah, I meant start that list at Calvi. Definitely could get him with ease, but I don't think Tanner goes that route again with an old assistant/acquaintance. As far as your comment on the guys learning from Leggett, I'm sure Vandy and Florida are happy to keep them right where they are.

Kinda figured Landon Powell would be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    You better thank Watson for that run. It is going to be hard to fill his shoes. He truly was special.
    Watson was beating down Bentley all day last fall?

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Watson was beating down Bentley all day last fall?
    Na it was close.

good to see usc can attract the best coaches in the baseball world because they are such a dynasty.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    good to see usc can attract the best coaches in the baseball world because they are such a dynasty.
    It'll be a homerun hire like Mousehump was.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    without Chad Morris and a $1.3M salary as an assistant, he isnt at clemson. Thanks Spurrier!

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    without Chad Morris and a $1.3M salary as an assistant, he isnt at clemson. Thanks Spurrier!
    Not familiar at all with that situation. Was Morris instrumental in getting him there?