Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a scope

'd just get a new girlfriend. FAR fewer opinions on them. They all suck

Well. They tend to until after you marry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    I have a 3x9-50 vx2 which is no comparison to my 3.5x10-50 vx3 which still isn't as good as a trijicon at low light. I'll be upgrading from the Leupold's to a 2.5x10-56 trijicon accupoint in a month or two. If you can't tell the difference between a vx2 Leupold and a 50 or 56mm trijicon you may want to check with your eye doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have a bunch of Leupold VXII's and VXIII's of various objective diameters. The only time they hold a candle to my Trijicon is when they aren't in use.
    50mm leupold against 50mm trijicon ain't 4x the money worth of difference, i can guaran-damn-tee that if it's my money. where the trijicon starts to shine is at distances well beyond where you're shooting deer. trijicon is good stuff for sure.
    Last edited by shoooooots; 06-07-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    50mm leupold against 50mm trijicon ain't 4x the money worth of difference.
    Yes, it is.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

50mm leupold against 50mm trijicon ain't 4x the money worth of difference, i can guaran-damn-tee that if it's my money. where the trijicon starts to shine is at distances well beyond where you're shooting deer. trijicon is good stuff for sure.
    Just to add a VX3 is around 400 to 500 the trunk on same is around 850 so by comparison twice as much.

Huh?

A vx3 3.5-10x50 is around $500 and you can get a 2.5-10x56 trijicon accupoint around $750.

So it's nowhere close to 4x the price and they are both 10 power so distance is irrelevant.

my leopold VXII has great lowlight visibility, it was $399 if memory serves, just as good as any trijicon i've looked through, i do have the 50mm size though, that's what makes the most difference in low light, compared to a 40 or a 42, it's definitely extra minutes of shooting time
    Have you tried a Meopta with a 40 or 42 mm objective? I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by bucknfloat2 View Post
    'd just get a new girlfriend. FAR fewer opinions on them. They all suck

Well. They tend to until after you marry them.
    Damn, my man spot on R.

Been thinkin' on this. I know the illumination system is different, but is the glass in the AccuPower line the same as the equivalent scopes in the AccuPoint line?

I can get a hell of a discount based on my law enforcement instructor status. But I can only buy one per year lol.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Been thinkin' on this. I know the illumination system is different, but is the glass in the AccuPower line the same as the equivalent scopes in the AccuPoint line?

I can get a hell of a discount based on my law enforcement instructor status. But I can only buy one per year lol.
    Same everything but w/ mechanical illumination
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

anyone ever played with the SWFA SS scopes? tactical/target over hunting, but always heard good things about the glass...

never tried a meopta, i went from cheap scopes to the leupold & didn't see the same kinda substantial clarity/light gathering difference going from leupold to trijicon, it's better, but not better enough in my eyes, i also didn't realize the trijicons were sub $1k these days, now the illuminated reticle is a huge help in low light for sure. i always wanted a TA31F for my AR, just never felt like dropping $1200 on one & ended up w/ the non magnified MRO for well over half the cost, i love trijicon

I've looked through the SWFA scopes and they were okay, but there is better glass out there IMHO. For a bargain tactical rifle, someone trying to do it on the cheap, they would be a good option. I try to buy better.

Speaking of MRO's, I'm about to order one myself for my SBR. Hard to justify the added expense of an Aimpoint Micro in my head.

Vx3 > that trijicon everyone on this site is in love with
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I've looked through the SWFA scopes and they were okay, but there is better glass out there IMHO. For a bargain tactical rifle, someone trying to do it on the cheap, they would be a good option. I try to buy better.

Speaking of MRO's, I'm about to order one myself for my SBR. Hard to justify the added expense of an Aimpoint Micro in my head.
    go MRO from LaRue, you will not regret it, the objective is larger, way better field of view up close, i had the Aimpoint before, the best part about the MRO is the on/off is at the end AND in the middle of the brightness settings, so 1 click to desired brightness, unlike Aimpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Vx3 > that trijicon everyone on this site is in love with

I have both, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I have both, it isn't.
    Not a $250 difference
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

go MRO from LaRue, you will not regret it, the objective is larger, way better field of view up close, i had the Aimpoint before, the best part about the MRO is the on/off is at the end AND in the middle of the brightness settings, so 1 click to desired brightness, unlike Aimpoint
    Looks like the LaRue's are all lower 1/3 cowitness mounts. I like absolute cowitness. To get the discount on the optic, I buy straight from Trijicon anyway. A MRO with a Trijicon mount would be a tick over $375.

Not a $250 difference
    If it wasn't for the discount, I'd be looking at other options. I'm looking at the 2.5-10x56mm with a basic duplex for a general purpose deer rig I'm re-scoping. Low light use to about 250 yards is the primary objective.

Default Looking to buy a scope

I once owned a $1000 VX-3L scope. $500 zeiss conquest blew it away.
    Last edited by britton40; 06-09-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Not a $250 difference
    you are correct- I have both and the Trijicon is worth 3x the Leopold regardless of money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    you are correct- I have both and the Trijicon is worth 3x the Leopold regardless of money spent.
    Some people just don't know what good glass looks like. It's not your fault.

Trijicon are good hunting scopes, but they need to update their reticles. if you are guarding food plots and corpiles shooting deer in the dark they are a great choice. When it comes to long range, they're not even in the game...