Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a scope

I ended up getting a trijicon. I have always bow hunted when I do deer hunt. I have never held any decent scope. This thing is very impressive. Got it mounted and sighted in this week.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Do we need to beg

Post some pics

I'd stick with Leupold. The Leupold custom shop can put most any of their reticle's in any of their scopes. So for example if you wanted a Leupold VXII and it did not come with the MILDOT reticle, the custom shop can put one in for your.

I think $500 would still get you a lot of Leupold scope with the reticle you wanted.

What about a Leupold VXII 3-9x40 with MILDOT? If you are also looking for hand adjustable windage / elevation knobs then I think your $500 budget may be a little bit low.

Other scopes to look at are the Nikon's. Lots of optics for the price.

You'll enjoy that trijicon, it's an excellent hunting scope.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohn12 View Post
    I'd stick with Leupold. The Leupold custom shop can put most any of their reticle's in any of their scopes. So for example if you wanted a Leupold VXII and it did not come with the MILDOT reticle, the custom shop can put one in for your.

I think $500 would still get you a lot of Leupold scope with the reticle you wanted.

What about a Leupold VXII 3-9x40 with MILDOT? If you are also looking for hand adjustable windage / elevation knobs then I think your $500 budget may be a little bit low.

Other scopes to look at are the Nikon's. Lots of optics for the price.
    Terrible advice right here, glad you got the trijicon!

She sat with the new scope yesterday, normally she get down just after sunset when there is still some light. Last night she didn't get down till hard dark, said she could still see.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    She sat with the new scope yesterday, normally she get down just after sunset when there is still some light. Last night she didn't get down till hard dark, said she could still see.
    Told you so.

Saw a buddy last night that put a Swarovski Z6i on his 6mmBR. Said he loved the scope but that his Trijicon was still better in low light.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    I ended up getting a trijicon. I have always bow hunted when I do deer hunt. I have never held any decent scope. This thing is very impressive. Got it mounted and sighted in this week.
    Which Trijicon model did you get?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Accupower

I'm on the cusp. Gonna burn my annual LE discount on that MRO and the AccuPoint 2.5-10x56. Then I'm really considering selling my Winchester Model 70 .308 and getting that new Sauer in 6.5 Creedmore for the AccuPoint to sit on.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I'm on the cusp. Gonna burn my annual LE discount on that MRO and the AccuPoint 2.5-10x56. Then I'm really considering selling my Winchester Model 70 .308 and getting that new Sauer in 6.5 Creedmore for the AccuPoint to sit on.
    Looked through a 4X16X50 MOA Dot the other day, only thing I didn't like was the green dot, I wish they offered amber. I may have to sell one of my other optics to get it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Bought a 2.5x10x56 today. Its got the green dot so I won't have to worry about Salty wanting to get it.

Who's got a accupoint they want to trade for an acog

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Who's got a accupoint they want to trade for an acog
    You wanna sell an Acog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe
    Let me Check into the accupoints

that 2.5-10x56 accupoint is on sale for $680 down from $800 for the red or green MIL, MOA, or duplex on opticsplanet.com right now
    Last edited by shoooooots; 08-18-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    that 2.5-10x56 accupoint is on sale for $680 down from $800 for the red or green MIL, MOA, or duplex on opticsplanet.com right now
    612 for the MIL square in green

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    The MROs seem popular. I am leaning that way.

love mine, larger field of view vs. aimpoint, & there's an off setting in the middle of the brightness settings unlike aimpoint where you have to cycle past the ones you never need

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    love mine, larger field of view vs. aimpoint, & there's an off setting in the middle of the brightness settings unlike aimpoint where you have to cycle past the ones you never need
    That's what I have seen. I ordered one earlier and will report back after awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk