Thread: Small Business CC vendor service

Default Small Business CC vendor service

Small business owners, What is the best and cheapest service you have found to accept Credit Card payments from customers? Square, Stripe, PayPal, Amazon, other? I do not have a store front retail business and my average transactions per month would be 5-10, each transaction several to many thousand $.

The traditional bank "transaction fees" are outrageous(and a scam, frankly) and Square or etc. is not that much better. It seems ridiculous that a small business would have to pay well over $1,000/mo to accept credit cards so different banks can electronically talk to each other over the course of a few seconds.

Begging customers to pay with check or cash is not feasible either. Suggestions?
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

I use intuit payment solutions. Are they wanting to charge you 1000/mo just to offer CC processing or is that what the fees would add up to?

I use NAMS, North American Merchants Services. I've found they're all the same. I just look for service, that's what I want. I want to call someone and say "fix it".

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I use intuit payment solutions. Are they wanting to charge you 1000/mo just to offer CC processing or is that what the fees would add up to?
    Just what the fees would add up to. 2.75-2.9% for swipe or 3.25-3.5% for keyed/portal + .30/transaction fee + blah blah blah.

Thanks for response. Intuit is on my list to look into.
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

Paypal

In general you'll pay about 3% of gross sales to process plus some monthly fees. PM me if you want a contact here in the lowcountry I work with. Your final cost will depend on how you're accepting cards. Point of sale, a gateway or mobile device.

A friend works for a company called heartland payment systems and he has been switching a lot of folks over and saving them a few bucks. From what he says they are a good company but you know how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Paypal
    This seems to be a good option for your needs.

I use Atlantic Coast Merchant. Happy, and much less expensive than Square.

I almost went to work for Heartland last year. The commission-only thing scared the wife, and after some discussion I had to walk away. Glad I did though. This Spectrum Business gig is pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    This Spectrum Business gig is pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    My man!

Like HS said, all these companies resell for the same 4 big companies. Except for Heartland, they sell their own product so no 3rd party involved.

From what I can tell there isn't much difference between the merchants, support is the big thing. You find a company with good customer service, stick with em.

That being said call Daniel with Card Payment Services. 803-372-5713 He can at least tell you if he has something would help you out, if nothing else but for a basis to compare stuff to.
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-25-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft