Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davidson!!!!!

not sure what happened there, slaya. I'd bet it was a safety squeeze and the runner (a catcher, I think) was expecting to GO but had to turn and get back to third....slipped...and didnt make it.

as for the collision, I see it happen at ALL levels. I dont think it was much of anything other than bad luck at a bad time. I was just hoping they would say he held on long enough....

Oh well. In the end, its still baseball and no one really gives a shit.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Its baseball, and those stadiums I saw on TV tell me there are still plenty of Americans in this country that haven't sold out on the National Pastime.

I don't disagree. The Catcher looked like he was on a suicide run at first. Coach said it was a safety squeeze, but the Catcher was digging down the line and got way too far to turn back. That's why I think he missed the signs, or either wasn't well coached on what to do there. I didn't like that call, in that situation, as they had two outs to work with and runners on the corners. Next pitch would have scored him, but he was out. There's usually more risk in bunting, and I'd have preferred to see them try to plate more than one, since they were the way team.

No matter, Davidson had a hell of a run.