Thread: Renewing Registration Early

Default Renewing Registration Early

Having my boat repainted to fix the original factory paint that was crap and went online to go ahead and renew my registration so I can put new stickers on instead of the old ones that run out in November. Well figured out I couldn't do it online because it's over 100 days before renewal. No biggie, called DNR office and had everything I needed, except my boat title number. Am I correct in assuming this is the actual title number itself? I asked the lady I talked to, and she said she didn't have a clue. I know the outboard title number is located on the sticker for the motor but don't recall having to have the boat title number for renewing registration, but then again, I've never renewed registration early. Just trying to make sure I'm correct before calling DNR back and bothering them and potentially sitting on hold for 20+ minutes again. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Having my boat repainted to fix the original factory paint that was crap and went online to go ahead and renew my registration so I can put new stickers on instead of the old ones that run out in November. Well figured out I couldn't do it online because it's over 100 days before renewal. No biggie, called DNR office and had everything I needed, except my boat title number. Am I correct in assuming this is the actual title number itself? I asked the lady I talked to, and she said she didn't have a clue. I know the outboard title number is located on the sticker for the motor but don't recall having to have the boat title number for renewing registration, but then again, I've never renewed registration early. Just trying to make sure I'm correct before calling DNR back and bothering them and potentially sitting on hold for 20+ minutes again. Thanks in advance
    Yes...must have title number. I just renewed last week.