Thread: DNR boat, pontoon collide on Keowee

Default DNR boat, pontoon collide on Keowee

LAKE KEOWEE, S.C. —
    A Department of Natural Resources boat and a pontoon boat collided Monday afternoon on Lake Keowee, injuring four people, according to Robert McCullough, with the DNR.

McCullough said a DNR officer was in the 18-foot boat at about 3:15 p.m. when it collided with the pontoon boat.

The DNR officer and one person who was in the pontoon boat were ejected into the water. Those two and two other people who were in the pontoon boat were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, McCullough said.

He said the officer was out on the lake patrolling for Memorial Day.

A witness told WYFF that the DNR boat hit the pontoon coming out of a blind curve on the Cane Creek Channel, but that information has not been confirmed by officials.

No other information has been released.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/dnr-boa...ls-say/9947103
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

DNR's fault unless they were parked.

I am sure that the "holier than thou" DNR did no wrong.

DNR s 19ft Pioneer was running the lake wide open for 3 days straight in that area.

And there isn't really a blind curve as you enter cane creek

probably drunk...

I hope his was prodded and probed, breathalyzed, had his boat and truck searched and made to stand on one foot while removing his own head from his ass

I saw multiple dnr and sherrifs boats out Sunday. They always had someone stopped when I saw them though.

Dumbasses wear many hats, even green DNR ones. Memorial Day and maybe July 4th on Hartwell is only time I ever see them. Meanwhile the Coast Guard Auxilary, bless their good intentions, will "offer" safety checks at the ramp on a holiday weekend when traffic is baked up out of the parking lot half way to Clemson. I'll be interested to see how DNR handles this thing with the crash.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I suspect DNR will handle it the proper way if it was determined that the officer was at fault.

Now what should happen due to DNR being the only agency, besides coast guard, who can legally work watercraft collisions in SC is to call in Georgia Wildlife to investigate it unless they were willing to admit that the DNR Officer was at fault.. Keowee is close enough they could get there in a reasonable amount of time to investigate the collision.

But I highly doubt the DNR officer was under any influence except his own ego. Id imagine someone went past him with a violation or overcrowded boat, he whipped his boat around and headed full speed pursuit after that boat and got tunnel vision focusing on the boat he was trying to stop. He wasn't paying any attention and collided with a pontoon. That is pure speculation on my part, but it happens.

Police Officers wreck cars, DNR agents wreck boats, it can happen to anybody... Hell the coast guard ran into the bridge down here in Charleston just a few months ago and put 6 people in the hospital.

Not to hijack, but which one of yall burnt all the boats in Charleston.

Coasties also ran over the jetties and trashed a big $$$ boat a few years ago

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I was fishing on Wateree a memorial Day several years back. Set up on a hump catching them pretty good, despite all the drunk boaters about to run over me. DNR drove over the hump to me for a safety check and livewell check. ROFL. I could only shake my head and snicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Coasties also ran over the jetties and trashed a big $$$ boat a few years ago
    That was the navy

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    I was fishing on Wateree a memorial Day several years back. Set up on a hump catching them pretty good, despite all the drunk boaters about to run over me. DNR drove over the hump to me for a safety check and livewell check. ROFL. I could only shake my head and snicker.
    I don't have the patience to fish on public water during high traffic times for that very reason.