Thread: Reagan's A Soldiers Pledge.

Default Reagan's A Soldiers Pledge.

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Awesome thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

He made people proud to be an American. Hell if they would take a 63 year old former PJ, after listening to that I'd join back up.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Speaking of that. This is probably my favorite song.

And that reminds me of another short video, 'Spads With A Load'. Spads is what the Navy called the A-1 Skyraider a little carrier able bomber. They were originally dubbed the Douglas AD-1 Skyraider (Able Dog). When the Air Force got them they were the A-1 Skyraider. You may have heard them called "Dumptrucks" or "Sandy" in the movies. Some called them Dumptrucks because they could carry so much ordnance. ParaRescue loved them. (I'll use "we" and "our" although I never made it in-country). ParaRescue's job was to go in and get downed "Fast Mover" pilots (jet pilots). We flew in the Jolly Green Giants (Jolly Greens) Sikorsky HH-3E. A-1's were the guys that chaperoned us in and stayed on station flying ground support until we pulled out. They had about a 4 hour on station time and depending on how "hot" the AO was or how badly the aviator was hurt it could often take some time. Best case scenario is we would get the downed pilot "up on voice". That way we could get a sit-rep from the ground and we planned accordingly and adjusted where we needed to. We were the guys that rode the Jungle Penetrator (designed at Georgia Tech) on the cable down through the canopy (sometimes a triple canopy with the top canopy 90' up), stabilized the pilot and sent him back up to the Jolly Green and took him home or to the hospital.

All that to help you understand the lingo in this song. As we all know every war has it's own slang terminology. But I love this song because I know from PJs that had been in-country how much this little plane and it's pilots meant to the ParaRescue teams:

Sang to the music of King of the Road

From the text under the video:
    This video was produced by Gary Bain for Capt. Don Engebretsen USAF, Skyraider pilot. Also for the members of SOG ( Special Operations Group that made forays into Laos) and the OLAA pilots that piloted the A1 Skyraider in support of SOG teams.during the Vietnam Conflict. This is the OLAA pilots song they created while serving in Southeast Asia. These pilots and SOG teams were a fearless group of brave warriors and are unsung heroes of that war. Only mature audiences should view this as there are a couple of descriptive terms in the song that were uttered by the fighter pilots. Thanks to all our service members. Enjoy-Gary
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The guy that did that video is Lt. Gary Bain.

Gary Bain:
    John, seems I've talked to you before. Pete Hall and Richert, along with Palmer PJ and Thibideaux FE. On my 213th mission in F4's was dinged near Laos and ejected. Three hours later thanks to the A1's and Jollies my butt was pulled out of there and is the main reason I produced this for the guys. Gary

Here's his rescue: