Thread: Universal income

Default Universal income

This is how democracies kill themselves. The Republic is already gone.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...l-basic-income

If Donald Trump can win the presidency, then Zuckerburg definitely could.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 05-26-2017 at 10:36 AM.

What a fuggin idiot

Says the man who's company has a stock that's going through the roof and does not pay a dividend......

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    If Donald Trump can win the presidency, then Zuckerburg definitely could.
    Wrong. Trump got alot of democrats to vote for him. Zuckerburg would get a total of 0 conservative votes, especially when he spews this kind of idiocy.

$20 trillion national debt. that number is just mind boggling. and here he is wanting to add more onto it? for reference, 1,000 seconds ago was equal to almost 17 minutes. It would take almost 12 days for a million seconds to elapse and 31.7 years for a billion seconds. Therefore, a trillion seconds would amount to no less than 31,709.8 years.

a reckoning is coming
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I am afraid it is inevitable, especially with the continued loss of jobs due to automation.

It will happen in northern Europe or Switzerland , they will claim its profound social impact without waiting to see the damage to future productivity , another decade of young liberals with be of voting age, and boom we "vote" it into law as who in their right mind would veto a pay raise for themself when they aren't responsible for paying additional feseral taxes as 50% dont pay any net taxes.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 05-26-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Wrong. Trump got alot of democrats to vote for him. Zuckerburg would get a total of 0 conservative votes, especially when he spews this kind of idiocy.
    I hope it doesn't happen .... But I disagree. Every Bernie supporter and Hillary voter, along with the majority of democrats that went with Trump would probably vote for him. Add in the new voter base that will be of age in 2020 and the media that puts every Trump blunder (real or made up) on the front page.

I see it shifting to him.

Last edited by jasonw; 05-26-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Not going to happen, that would require the bureaucrats to take a pay cut.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

That's exactly why we aren't a democracy. The Founders knew and even talked about how every democracy in history has failed because the citizens voted themselves the nation's treasure.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Hell, we already have this, look around. But, this would probably be the tipping point for the "Taxpayers", to flip the script, and purge us of this epidemic.