Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richest College Football Programs

Default Richest College Football Programs

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/G...ySlides/554169

#2 surprised me. #1 was an easy one. 10 SEC schools in the top 25 and 1 ACC school did not surprise me. What surprised mf was the ACC school that was in it. (Hint: it's not the team from the upstate)

Tennessee, Georgia, Michigan, Texas and Notre Dame should be embarrassed. That is a Who's Who's list of doing less with more!
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 05-26-2017 at 07:25 AM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

PJ, I'll just leave this right here for the comment at the end of your post.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Just goes to show success in CFB takes more than cash. Clemson while outside the top 25 is a top 5 program now because of the culture of winning Dabo has built.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I will say you're getting more bang for your buck. You're doing more with less money haha
    Last edited by PJ1012; 05-26-2017 at 09:01 AM.

I would say take a look at the list and look at the success of their NON-revenue sports. I would guess, without looking, that there is a higher success rate, better facilities, better equipment, more teams fielded etc on those campuses than at schools with less income.

Clemson siphons off football money to support the rest of its athletic budget. The same goes for all of the other schools, otherwise those non-revenue sports couldnt survive.

An athletic director is not going to let money sit in a bank account. He/she is GOING to spend it. Where is the only question.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Damn near $60 MILLION per year to spend and look at yourselves.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Even more reason Butch should have been fired in Columbia last year and before he entered the locker room post game.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Jozie took the time to read what that list was about. It wasn't a list of what each program spends on their football team it was what the programs revenue was. Just because team Tennessee brings in more than TCU doesn't mean TCU doesn't dump more into their football program. These rivalry arguments drive me crazy because no one gets their head out of their ass long enough to make an educated comment.

Quote Originally Posted by gobblinfever View Post
    Jozie took the time to read what that list was about. It wasn't a list of what each program spends on their football team it was what the programs revenue was. Just because team Tennessee brings in more than TCU doesn't mean TCU doesn't dump more into their football program. These rivalry arguments drive me crazy because no one gets their head out of their ass long enough to make an educated comment.
    I guess the title didn't help them figure out what the article was about. The article is who makes the most money not who spends the most

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Ouch. Works out to about $10M per win.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

That is what happens you hire a baseball coach as the AD.
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 05-26-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Ouch. Works out to about $10M per win.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    I guess the title didn't help them figure out what the article was about. The article is who makes the most money not who spends the most
    Then I'd say somebody needs to write an article about WHERE to spend the money and send it to Ray Tanner.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I would say take a look at the list and look at the success of their NON-revenue sports. I would guess, without looking, that there is a higher success rate, better facilities, better equipment, more teams fielded etc on those campuses than at schools with less income.

Clemson siphons off football money to support the rest of its athletic budget. The same goes for all of the other schools, otherwise those non-revenue sports couldnt survive.

An athletic director is not going to let money sit in a bank account. He/she is GOING to spend it. Where is the only question.
    One would think the football team made enough money to bring women's softball back without having to dump women's diving.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    One would think the football team made enough money to bring women's softball back without having to dump women's diving.
    I guess Softball fields are cheaper than swimming pools.

The Pool at Fike needed to be replaced. How many girls are on a diving team (serious question) vs. Softball team? Title IX is a huge factor. Softball is a more popular sport and I have heard that they will be able to use some of the baseball support equipment (batting cages etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I guess Softball fields are cheaper than swimming pools.

The Pool at Fike needed to be replaced. How many girls are on a diving team (serious question) vs. Softball team? Title IX is a huge factor. Softball is a more popular sport and I have heard that they will be able to use some of the baseball support equipment (batting cages etc)
    12 Schollys on softball (avg team size is 21), 14 on swimming and diving (avg team size 28). http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post

Quite honestly I am not sure WHY it has taken Clemson so long to add Softball. Very popular sport in the upstate . Glad to see they finally added it

However this proves money can not BUY wins

Also willing to bet the SEC money train is gonna run out of steam with the finanical issues ESPN is having. That cut is COMING
    Last edited by tprice; 05-28-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Fsu isn't even on the list. I'm fine with that. Don't need money to be good.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk