Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I want a concealed carry pistol

[QUOTE=MKW;2335089]I'll go against the popular grain and say Sig P938. It's slightly smaller than a G42 (380) and is a 9mm. I absolutely love mine. Here is the P938 beside my wife's G42.[/QUOTE

I tried a bunch and love my Sig P938. I've got pretty big hands.

I will go against the grain a little here and say you should try a Ruger LCR 9mm. Good gun, caliber you want and no safeties to fumble with if a bad situation presents itself. Also easily pocket carried and in the price range.

Well I went today and shot a few and held a lot more. Like I thought I decided on the xd mod.2. I just like he way it shot and the feel of it.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-26-2017 at 07:37 PM.

I've been impressed with my Sig 938.

Thing carries easy and is surprisingly very accurate in spite of being a small 9mm.

Way better trigger & sights than those on my Airweight 442 and really extends the effective range of it. Pocket holster or IWB.

Water moccasins gonna hate it.

Forget it's there on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Well I went today and shot a few and held a lot more. Like I thought I decided on the xd mod.2. I just like he way it shot and the feel of it.
    Just curious as to which ones you shot?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

DUB -- what kydex holsters are those?
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 06-04-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    DUB -- what kydex holsters are those?

One that I don't recommend.

Zorn Holsters.

10-day quick ship.....arrived on the 26th day.

Slipped the gun in it.....had to dismantle the holster to get the gun out.....adjust the screws...use locktite and a file to get it dialed in.

Was also supposed to come with an extended tab to cover the ambi safety.....didn't.

I should have gone with a leather IWB but I thought he'd get it to me quickly. Go leather and don't look back later.

Or....go with Raven Concealment Systems for kydex. Well made....none of the screw adjustment locktite bullcrap.
    Last edited by Dub; 06-04-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    One that I don't recommend.

Zorn Holsters.

10-day quick ship.....arrived on the 26th day.

Slipped the gun in it.....had to dismantle the holster to get the gun out.....adjust the screws...use locktite and a file to get it dialed in.

Was also supposed to come with an extended tab to cover the ambi safety.....didn't.

I should have gone with a leather IWB but I thought he'd get it to me quickly. Go leather and don't look back later.

Or....go with Raven Concealment Systems for kydex. Well made....none of the screw adjustment locktite bullcrap.
    Thanks. I have something similar by CYA, and it was awesome out of the package. They just don't have a spare magazine holster (that I know of). I haven't really looked, though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Did you try the S&W bodyguard? It's very accurate, comfortable, and easy to hide.
    I find myself checking my hip several times a day to make sure its still there.

Dub- that Sig looks pretty slick

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    Did you try the S&W bodyguard? It's very accurate, comfortable, and easy to hide.
    I find myself checking my hip several times a day to make sure its still there.

Dub- that Sig looks pretty slick
    Do you carry it in your pocket or on your belt?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    I will give the LCP some more love. Very easy to carry and has gone bang every time I have pulled the trigger. Is it fun to shoot? Not really, especially after a couple magazines, but it is not designed to be shot much. Gun is designed to be easily concealed and carried. I also actually like the heavy trigger on a gun that is carried in the pocket. I was hesitant to go .380 instead of 9, but I figured a .380 in my pocket was better than a 9 left in the truck.
    My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Do you carry it in your pocket or on your belt?
    My preference is belt, IWB. Galco Sto-N-Go. At work I have to go with ankle or pocket style holster.