Thread: Excel Bay Pro 220

Default Excel Bay Pro 220

Sold a couple boats recently and ordered a new rig. Just pulled the trigger on a Bay Pro 220 with a Yamaha VF175 SHO. Anyone in the group have something similar? I'm planning to have it rigged with an Atlas 10" hydraulic jack plate and 21 pitch Tempest prop. Hoping this will get me seriously close to the best setup.

Would love to hear input on setup if any of you have experience with this type rig.

Boat is almost ready for pick up. Looks like I'll be the test subject for figuring out the setup.

I picked my bay pro 220 up in May with a Suzuki df175 and 6" atlas. I'm running a powertec 24 pitch 4 blade which came on the motor. It runs great with this prop and tops out at 54mph with just me and 51mph with 3 people including live well and bait tank full. Rpms 5900-6000.

Quote Originally Posted by Ncsheephead View Post
    I picked my bay pro 220 up in May with a Suzuki df175 and 6" atlas. I'm running a powertec 24 pitch 4 blade which came on the motor. It runs great with this prop and tops out at 54mph with just me and 51mph with 3 people including live well and bait tank full. Rpms 5900-6000.
    What is your Prop shaft to pad measurement?

I will have to check when I get back to the coast, which will be in about a week or so. For now all I tell you is if the atlas jackplate is at factory height on 0" (in the lowest position) I get my best performance at 3.5" to 3.75" going by the tape on the jack plate still maintaining 15 psi of water pressure at WOT.

For best performance my pad height is around 2.25"-2.5"