Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK. Americans are officially dumb as shit.

Default OK. Americans are officially dumb as shit.

I may have to start pulling for North Korea...

RICHLAND COUNTY, S.C.
    A visitor who thought boa constrictors were a native snake species in South Carolina released one in a Midlands park, according to officials.

Congaree National Park posted on its Facebook page that park rangers received reports of a visitor releasing the non-venomous snake in the park Sunday night. The snake was reportedly released along the boardwalk near stop No. 3.

The visitor was under the impression boa constrictors were already in the park and established.

Congaree National Park said it is never appropriate or legal to release a non-native or even a native species in the park.

“Even native species that have been rehabilitated may have picked up diseases while in recovery that can decimate populations within a range, as well as doing great harm to other animals populations as well,” the park posted on its Facebook page.

Anyone walking on park trails who sees a boa constrictor should report it to the park staff immediately.

Boa constrictors are native to Central and South America, according to National Geographic. They can grow up to 13 feet long, weigh more than 100 pounds and live up to 30 years. They can also give birth to up to 60 live babies.

The report of the snake comes at a time when the park is expecting an increase in visitors stopping by to catch a glimpse of the synchronized fireflies.

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/a...151918902.html

This kind of confirms what I think about people that have snakes for pets anyway.

It's not the snake releaser that irks me. It is the fact that they know exactly which step on the boardwalk it was SCWA'd on, and yet it is not dead. The morons who watched it go down, need their DNA removed from the jean poll.

It gets cold enough here to kill em. I hope.

Had one find it's way to the front door of my smaller store a few years back. It died trying to get the little bit of heat that was coming out from under the door. I hauled that thing around for a solid day, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    It gets cold enough here to kill em. I hope.
    That's what they said about fireants above 3000'. Wanna see some?

I wouldn't be overly concerned, as long as it wasn't a pregnant female. Likelihood of a single individual surviving and causing problems is slim to none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    I wouldn't be overly concerned, as long as it wasn't a pregnant female. Likelihood of a single individual surviving and causing problems is slim to none.

That's probably what they said in Florida back in the 90s.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It's not the snake releaser that irks me. It is the fact that they know exactly which step on the boardwalk it was SCWA'd on, and yet it is not dead. The morons who watched it go down, need their DNA removed from the jean poll.
    You know they were all so excited that they probably had to run home and post about it on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    That's probably what they said in Florida back in the 90s.
    Yeap. Growing up, old people used to tell me we needed a good cold winter to kill off the mosquitoes. Then I went to Minnesota one time in the summer and I knew every damn one of them had lied to me. They were thick as gnats up there.

They were having a big discussion about it on 107.5 today. I think they said the guy was from Cayce, someone who called in said they new him.

Conditions arent as favorable here as fla. And fla had a widespread issue of people being idiots releasing snakes. Don't get me wrong, Im not for it. I am also not concerned enough to go look for it.

If you were to find it and kill it you'd probably go to jail for killing it
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    If you were to find it and kill it you'd probably go to jail for killing it

Unless you ripped the arm off a white 93 year old WWII vet who survived Bataan, Iwo, 63-17 and beat the snake to death with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    This kind of confirms what I think about people that have snakes for pets anyway.
    This right chere ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post

*cough* BigBrother *cough*

If I heard that fucker had a Giraffe living in his shower, I would not bat an eye.

Why the fuck do we allow the import of exotic animals into our country for pets? If there is the potential for them to get loose and thrive in the wild they should be banned. I can't get a Cuban stoggie but I can get a fuckin black mamba....what's up with that?

I worked a couple of summers at SRS with the ecology lab. A few of the herpers were beyond weird and one had his pet boa constrictor try to eat him while sleeping, he woke up with the snake up to his armpit. This story was unconfirmed but I damn sure don't doubt it. Mind boggling why some people choose things as pets.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    *cough* BigBrother *cough*
    You know damn good and well that he ain't right.