Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Starting the Research

Depending on your timeframe, you might want to plan a trip to Ft Lauderdale boat show this winter. You can see just about every boat that has been mentioned there. If you like boats ...it is worth the trip.

That yellow cape is clean clean clean. I think it's resided at the lake majority of it's life. I think the original owner was baydogs partner. The owner now owns a marina here in town. He tricked it out too! Salty if you can get past the yellow hull it's worth looking at.
    He also told me today he has a set of 300 zukes coming in on trade today he may hang for you and take G2s off.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    salty what are your plans for the boat? Straight fishing nothing else, bottom fishing, SKA, Sunday ride with the kids, etc? Speed vs ride? Head vs no head? Stabbin cabin vs open? New vs used? There are a million boat builders out there and 50x more boats than that.

Might even know of a 32 JB coming up for sale with yamahas if that is your style.
    Salty SKA, there you go Mark.

Yea he said dry soft ride and open tournament style. I was trying to inquire a little more on use of the boat as it may shape things differently. Stabbin cabin vs open was meant in jest but I dont expect you to understand that, the rest of my questions were not answered in the original post dickhead.
    Thought you might have just breezed through it, sorry I hurt your feelings....

Quote Originally Posted by santeeswamper View Post
    That yellow cape is clean clean clean. I think it's resided at the lake majority of it's life. I think the original owner was baydogs partner. The owner now owns a marina here in town. He tricked it out too! Salty if you can get past the yellow hull it's worth looking at.
    He also told me today he has a set of 300 zukes coming in on trade today he may hang for you and take G2s off.
    I can promise you no expense has been spared on that boat from either owner.
    cut\'em

Salty - A good friend just took delivery of a brand new 32 SeaVee. Im headed down this weekend to fish for the weeekend and break it I in properly. I've never fished a SeaVee so I'll be glad to report back. Pics look amazing and the fishable features seem very well thought out. Will let you know if anything stands out both good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    That's interesting. I've never ridden in one but always wondered how it (and other boats with low dipping bows) would do if you had to slog into stacked up waves. I always thought go-fast boats like that were susceptible to sticking the bow into waves.

(in response to Buckpro's post)
    The older styles were I believe, there's nothing low bow about it, but I think some of the earlier ones like what you see on a 38 Donzi were. The 2017 is identical to the one i fish on which is a 08 I believe. It will get on top and run like a champ but it will also plow a chop. We fished in 6x5's(thats 41004 buoy readings, not a guess) wahoo fishing this year and never got beat, it was sporty and a long day, wet with a 20-25knt N NE, but not beat.
    Last edited by buckpro; 05-23-2017 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

As many hours I put on a boat a year I would go broke maintaining Yammipops. Oil, timing belts,etc. Them G2 Evinrudes are bad ass and the warranty is too. Do all work on my 225. Plugs, gear oil and a impeller every 2 yrs or 500/hrs but I put right at 350/hrs a year on this un.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I know of a few people with Zukes that like them a lot. There just isn't a support/service network here in Gtown like there is for Yamaha.
    That is the truth.

salty what are your plans for the boat? Straight fishing nothing else, bottom fishing, SKA, Sunday ride with the kids, etc? Speed vs ride? Head vs no head? Stabbin cabin vs open? New vs used? There are a million boat builders out there and 50x more boats than that.

Might even know of a 32 JB coming up for sale with yamahas if that is your style.
    Fishing is the 95% use. We bottom fish a lot but that's due more to the fact that pick your days are few with a 22' boat and single engine. My boys are old enough to go now and have the bug big time but it's nerve wracking when you're fighting a fish with one around a FS bow where they have no support or real protection. The FS is a PITA for fishing in general IMO. I don't care if it has a head but my wife will want one since she's part of the drive for this, she's a nervous sort anyway and feels a bit claustrophobic on the Pioneer. And let's face it, when your wife wants you and her kids on a bigger boat, well, you don't argue. What you do is go find a boat she'll like with the features you want. So, that's what I'm doing.

We watched some YouTube videos on the Southport tonight, she really wants to see one in person. Hell, she might be more excited about this one than I am.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Salty SKA, there you go Mark.
    Only gold chains around my neck are sawdust or man glitter for the snowflakes.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

3 words...

MIAMI BOAT SHOW
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I know where a 33 Palmetto is that needs repowering and electronics that can be bought right.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I know where a 33 Palmetto is that needs repowering and electronics that can be bought right.
    I've fished on one of those a few times the last few weeks. Nice ride. Let me know if you want to check it out salty. It's near you.

Had a chance to walk around a Contender 32ST today. I liked it a lot, though I'd set it up differently than the owner did. The 30ST may be closer to what I want were I to go Contender. My understanding is the ST with the stepped hull handles and rides much differently than the traditional hull, can anyone shed some light on this?

From my understanding of stepped hull and design, unless you are running over 35mph, you won't see the benefits. But in a big enough boat, you can run 35 in bigger seas.

No experience in either of those boats. I do know that rarely do we get to fish days that we run in and out at 40mph. I love it when we do, but seems like we are always fishing rough days due to schedules.

I think it would be hard to tell which hull rides better. Stepped hull will be faster and more efficient. Like scdiver said....difference will only be noticed when running.
    Last edited by FHF; 05-31-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Who's been on the Competition 31? Conch 33?

Been doing a ton of looking. So far my favorite boat to date is the Invincible 33, hard to spend that much to beat something up.

Invincible makes a cat too. Looks like Freeman is going to have some cat competition.

Buy my boat. I'll throw in some sweet cushions and then I'll start my search.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies