Thread: Scopes

Default Scopes

Picked up a new rifle recently that I need to get a scope on. Wanting decent glass without breaking the bank.

I can get a new Leupold VX3i in 3.5-10x50 for $399.00

and

CameraLandNY is running a good sale right now on a Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 for $349.00

Any opinions on which is the better value and quality or anything else in the same price range that would be worth looking at?
    Last edited by SOUTHERN WOODS; 05-20-2017 at 12:24 PM.

The Meopro is the old Ziess Conquest. Excellent scope for the money. Not a big Leupold fan, though I have some but doubt you'd go wrong there either.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Great deals right there.

My .270 has a VX3 that I've been very happy with. My 270WSM has a Meopta (from NYCamerland) I need to I do a late afternoon comparison with them at some point just for the heck of it.

Night force
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Where is the Leopold deal?

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    Night force
    Those are a bit more than $400.00.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ive got the vx3 4.5-14x50. I love mine.

All I can say is I prefer single power scopes. I guess too much old school western mentality, but my Meopta 7 X 56 with a 4A has been a killer.
    If you go variable the POI can change as you dial up or down, and you want to determine if you want 1st FFP or 2nd FFP. Just my input, I know I will be criticized but that's OK , I kill my share and have since 1965.I buy my scopes form Alex at Europe Optics and have for yrs. Binocs from CameralandNY.
    Last edited by rrconductor; 05-20-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Leupold fanboy and I like fixed power scopes as well. I've got a 6x42 FX3 that's as clear and bright as anything I've used.
    I've also got a VX3 3-10 x 50 on a 25-06 that's held zero forever. I have several more and all been a great scopes.

Go with the Leupy for the 50mm , the glass is about the same.
    Genesis 9;2