Thread: Potato Aphids

Default Potato Aphids

At least that's what I think they are. Noticed them all over one tomato plant today, the one plant that I bought and didn't start from seed. Closer inspection showed them on a few others close by. Google says they should die back, but they're creepy and look bad. Google also says the cure all sevin dust won't touch them. Anyone had an infestation? I'm going to try to spray them with a dish soap mix, not in an effort to be organic, but because that apparently is effective.

IMG_1756.JPG

Ladybugs

Treat em with eight dust. Had them last year and just dusted the tomatoes tonight where I saw a few sporadically showing up. Dish soap didn't do shit for me last year.
    Last edited by Smilee; 05-17-2017 at 08:31 PM.

I thought about ladybugs, but the chance of them just moving on from my small garden seemed greater than them wiping out the aphids and sticking around.

I see eight dust's active ingredient is permethrin. I wonder if I could just spray my Sawyer permethrin for tick control on my maters. Don't guess I'll try that when it's cheap enough. Thanks for the lead, Smilee

borrow glenn's camper. park it next to your garden. Open up all the doors. Your aphids wont stand a chance.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.