Thread: Clay range

Default Clay range

Me and my wife are looking at getting her first shotgun that she can call her own. She has a few in mind... A few benellis, brownings, and a Stevens double barrel. Does anyone know of a range in which she can try before I buy?
    Psalm 23

Location?

Summerville. Willing to travel within a few hours.
    Psalm 23

Typically, most ranges are going to handle stack guns and not a bunch of semi's. most likely going to need to meet a buddy who has one of the choices she is looking at.

I think backwoods outside of Georgetown has some rentals for shooting on their course. I have no clue what they have available, but you could call. Other than that, I'm really no help.

Try Backwoods. They only have a couple brands to demo and they are likely out of your price range but there may be some folks there with guns you might be interested in. Just politely ask if you can try shooting their guns.

Rocky creek up in Chester county has guns for sale not sure if they have any demos. Bout a two hour drive from Summerville, if you go to Rocky creek ease on up to cabelas and possibly Nichols store depending on what time you get to rock hill area.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

call Partridge creek on hwy 78 and have a talk with the guy- she might be able to visit when the lady members are shooting and try out a few guns 843-640-7346
    bring cash, they don't take plastic

Scruggz, try the NWTF shooting complex in Edgefield.

I shot there Sunday, and they had probably 15 guns on a rack that they will rent out to shoot. I specifically remember seeing some Beretta and Winchester 20 gages. They had a few O/U's as well but I don't remember the brands
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
    Psalm 23

Was at the NWTF"s very sweet Palmetto Shooting Complex in Edgefield yessaday......they had a number of rentals. I'm clueless as to what they were. You could call them and see.

It was my first time going there and I was very impressed with the facility. I'll be even more impressed once they install the pistol and rifle ranges hopefully prior to deer season.

Another perk.....the Old Edgefield Butcher Shop is right nearby on the highway outa there. Damn fine onion sausage....not that my fat arse would know.