Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Louisiana Tuna Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by First Coat View Post
    Fishing 9/6-9/7 with MGFC (Beach and Ellis) will report when we return. They pack and ship fish back. This is our third attempt within the year, other two have been WX blow outs, never left CHS due to weather in LA.
    If you're into swords, tell Jordan to pack the gear. Get limits of YFT then hit the sword grounds. Beach and Parker are fun as hell to fish with.

We're going middle of this coming Sept. I'll let you know how it turns out. Also going with MGFC

Very good info and looking into this trip in 2018

I see the rates but it also says "plus fuel", how much fuel is expected and cost. We are looking at 2 days and would like to know up front kind of what to expect so I can tell the others what the cost will be

Last time we went the fuel charge for the day - (and we didn't do much running) was $400.00. Worth every penny for all the Sashimi we took home.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post

I see the rates but it also says "plus fuel", how much fuel is expected and cost. We are looking at 2 days and would like to know up front kind of what to expect so I can tell the others what the cost will be
    Depending on time of yr, you can run 80 or 8 miles oneway

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post

They way it was explained to me is you pay the "Marina Ticket" which is fuel, bait, ice. The people i have spoken to says it averages from $400-$450 regardless of trip. Seems like they would just tell you up front to expect a $2200 charter vs. a $1700 one. although it still works out to the same as most trips out of Charleston.

In September, the YFT will be following the Shrimpers for bycatch.. You won't be going too far out of the mouth of the river .. 8-10 mile run at the most if the fish are there.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    In September, the YFT will be following the Shrimpers for bycatch.. You won't be going too far out of the mouth of the river .. 8-10 mile run at the most if the fish are there.
    Thanks

My last tip - stay here if you want to be away from the Marina. This place has all you need..

http://www.finandfeathercabins.com/
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Just got back. It was definitely a fun trip and our customers had a ball. 2 of my customers are great fisherman. Here is our story. Fished with MG the first day and had a good day...9yft and 11 snapper. The Freeman platform was incredible and pretty much as advertised. We fished with Zach, and his young Yankee mate Chris from Massachusetts (more on douschebag later)...
    After a couple of half tacos from Yankee Chris one of my boys who couldn't stand it... grabbed the big net and one timed a floater and caught all our bait (Chris did catch 4 in his second cast)We were the first ones to 109 as it was a washing machine after the storms came through Monday night. Made 23 knots and were heavy on the throttles as you could tell he didn't want beat up his boat (forecast was 10-15 SE 3-5 with a chance of showers and thunderstorms.... and he wanted to cancel the afternoon before as he wasn't "sure" about the crew) but it was totally fishable. Caught 9 and the sharks got bad so he asked "what do y'all want to do?" More tuna we say, and we head out for another rig. We get there and he says change of plans let's get our snappers... ok let's get em we say (thinking we are still headed to find a few more tunas after because it's only like 1030.....Well- we catch 11 snapper and we run out of weights so we power back up and Yankee Chris starts draining the live well cleaning up... we are done. 1/2 Our crew was happy and the others were WTF , let's go troll that rip with lures... "we are not set up for that" is our reply from the Capt.. home by 1230 and he opened it up 72 coming back in near Cypress Cove to show off his cool boat. Good haul, great rig, not really a great "vibe" though. Boat clean and Capt cocktailing at 3pm with Yankee Chris.
    Day 2- fished with Cajun Kyle and Arkie Jordan from rivers end outfitters owned by Chris Wilson who may be the funniest Cajun I've met. Blowing 25 out of the North- no Bueno. Couldn't find bait but chugged it out and chunked and caught 2 tunas (gooduns) and 5 snapper. Our entire crew agreed that this was more fun fishing with these dudes than the Zach and Yankee boy. The general consensus is that Beach and Wells and Jordan get it done and are fun as hell, but some of the others ... well it ain't the same.
    Place is awesome and I'll go back... but will fish Cajun Kyle.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Yankees pretty much suck at everything except acting like dick heads.

Those guys down there would be tied up everyday if they fished in SC. Man what they consider rough there is mosquito fleet frenzy here. Same thing happened to us back in February because "the weather was getting bad" (horse shit).
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.