Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need help with snake

He looked full grown. I don't think I've ever seen a black rat snake in the water.

Judging from that picture, I'd guess he was on the branches and was able to get onto the guard from there.

Damn thing looks like a anaconda. If I was wading & that thing came swimming by, I'd shit me waders for sure.

I turned one loose a good mile away one time. Next day he was right back, or one just like him, anyway.

I had one that big beside our dog kennel this morning. Damn thing didn't want to move, our 500 gallon propane tank is beside the dog kennel and I could barely get to the snake. I had to use a ski pole to move him on, and it still took 10 minutes ... He did not want to move at all.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    He looked full grown. I don't think I've ever seen a black rat snake in the water.

Judging from that picture, I'd guess he was on the branches and was able to get onto the guard from there.
    This. Pretty much zero chance it scaled that post and came from below. Had to have dropped in all airborne style.

Trim some branches.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft