Thread: Evinrude E-TEC 150

Default Evinrude E-TEC 150

Looking at a boat that has an E-TEC 150 on it. Just curious if any of you have had any bad experiences that you could share with me. I have a friend who has had a lot of issues with his.

It's not a 150, but one of my good friends has had nothing, but trouble out of his E-TEC. He's had two or three things replaced under recall, but still has trouble. It's so bad that they extended his warranty for free, but even after the extended warranty ran out he's had nothing, but trouble. I kid you not, he's had it 4-5 years and hasn't even worn the paint off the prop.

Check in with DRDuck. I'm pretty sure that's all he runs.

One of the best motors ever made is the E-Tec. The 150 HO is the fastest 150 out there in my opinion.
    Weight is nice too compared to most 4 strokes.

I got a different block and such on my 2009 225/hp. I have bout 3100/hrs on it with very little problems. Every 400/hrs I take it out of the water and put plugs, waterpump, gear oil and change fuel filter. I don't use e-gas and only run XD-100 oil. The warranty is unreal on the new engines. I love mine and runs everyday almost
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Thanks for the feedback.

I love my 07' 200HO.