Thread: RealTree Pros staff said it, Hey Bo will be on board now!

Default RealTree Pros staff said it, Hey Bo will be on board now!

http://www.realtree.com/brow-tines-a...rs-this-season
    Deer hunting is a way of life that is practiced by many people across this great nation. It comes as no surprise when new laws spark big debates and heated discussions. As such, this recent bit of legislation coming out of South Carolina will take effect this season.

According to Christina Cleveland with the Aiken Standard, several changes are coming for South Carolina deer hunting.

“Next year, there will be a uniform limit on antlered bucks across the state, which SCDNR Deer Project Supervisor Charles Ruth said is the first time the state has enacted such measure,” Cleveland said. “Aiken County does not have a limit on the number of deer harvested this year; however, the new limits will take place next year.”

Realtree® PinkLink Camo Magnetic Bracelet by Sabona

Realtree® PinkLink Camo Magnetic Bracelet by Sabona

According to Cleveland, Ruth had the following to say:

“All deer taken must be tagged – that’s a historic change,” Ruth said. “At the hunter level, these types of changes will require some education."

According to the report, along with a new tagging policy, hunters will receive eight antlerless tags and three buck tags. Hunters may purchase two additional buck tags beyond that. That too is a historic change since before, approximately 2/3 of the state had no limit on buck harvest. Furthermore, some antler restrictions will be in place under some circumstances.

As you can see, big changes are coming for those who hunt in South Carolina. If you plan to hunt this coastal state, better read up on the regs. Deer hunting is changing. And for the better.

Personally, I think limiting the deer harvest is the best thing the SCDNR can do for deer hunting. Bag limits have been way too liberal for way too long. And honestly, the new limits are still way too liberal, but at least it’s a step in the right direction. Hopefully the new trend will continue.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Without some method of enforcement it won't matter, 3 or 30. Outlaws still gonna outlaw.

No doubt, but take a ride to a state with a tagging system. Deer everywhere. KY allows 2 a year, no more, either 2 does or buck-doe. Makes you really get picky when taking a buck. Sure there's folks up there outlawing but I'd like to think the majority follow the law.

I've never gotten the liberal SC limit, and I'd love to see what a limit to I'll do around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I don't understand what would be so expensive about a call in tag system. All the money sc pisses away they should be able to accomplish that. It would also help with turkeys. Make the fines and points large for not reporting a tag if caught. Then All green jeans has to do is sit at huddle house and check tags. This sounds like a win win.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-06-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I don't understand what would be so expensive about a call in tag system. All the money sc pisses away they should be able to accomplish that. It would also help with turkeys. Make the fines and points large for not reporting a tag if caught. Then All green jeans has to do is sit at huddle house and check tags. This sounds like a win win.
    What's the fine now for unstaffed turkey ? Never heard of anyone being charged with that ?
    80-20 Genaration