Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paslode framing nailer

Default Paslode framing nailer

I have a pneumatic framing gun that is not consistently feeding nails into the gun. I have tried using new strips of nails, different lengths, etc. I have checked and I don't see any obstructions. I am using nails out of a box that I used last year, without any problems. The gun will feed and shoot about 1 in 6 attempts properly.

Anybody, have any of these problems before? Any suggestions?

oil
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

yep. they sell rebuild kits. get you one
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I rebuild them if you are around the Orangeburg area.

I have not put a kit in this gun, it's only a few years old and is not used often.

When a nail feeds, it is driven in completely. Will the rebuild kit help the nails feed into the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by ollin612 View Post
    I rebuild them if you are around the Orangeburg area.
    How about a butane operated paslode, I got one that cuts the fool every now and then

Rebuild kit w/ new O-rings. A few drops of oil here and there. Those guns will run forever.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Oil first then rebuild kit
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Throw in trash, buy a Hitachi.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Throw in trash, buy a Hitachi.
    I got both. Rebuilt both the same amount of times. All about keeping them up.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Rebuild kit w/ new O-rings. A few drops of oil here and there. Those guns will run forever.
    Is it just o-rings in a rebuild kit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got both. Rebuilt both the same amount of times. All about keeping them up.
    Ok, me too. Those old framers were bulletproof.. But fuck those stupid ass roundrive nails. I can buy plastic strip nails cheaper and they fit everybody's gun.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Ok, me too. Those old framers were bulletproof.. But fuck those stupid ass roundrive nails. I can buy plastic strip nails cheaper and they fit everybody's gun.
    Yep. But nails are like a lot of things these days, not worth a shit. Hell, those old screw shank coil nails for the Hitachi nailers, you'd pull the head off befor you got that sob out.

Marvel Mystery Oil. Open the front part where the hammer slides up and down, clean and oil it, along with some oil in the port where you connect the air line. Leave the nails out and operate the gun into something soft,like a rolled up rag, not wood. You may need to manually push the hammer back up into the chamber the first few times. Make sure your pressure is adjusted properly.

Trash it and then just weld stuff together...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Trash it and then just weld stuff together...
    I weld wood together all the time.

Me too

We work on all name brand nail guns and power tools. Most likely just needs cleaning and re oiling.

Hammer
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

What kind of nails are you using? My paslodes dont like the knock off nails. Also, if the nails are paper strip and subjected to humidity they do what you are saying.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm