Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunt club rookie mistakes

Default Hunt club rookie mistakes

I wish we could just skip summer and get back in to hunting season. I ready for cool fall evenings, acorns dropping, camp fires, poker and football games.

I don't know why people want to be in these new age "G" rated hunt clubs. I cherish the memories of good Ole hunt club weekends growing up. Lots of lying, cussing, drinking, and gambling.

If any of all have anything of value to post throw it up. I drank my first beers and smoked my first cigarets at hunt clubs.

Here is a big rookie mistake you only make once at a hunt club. You bring your fresh bottle of crown inside the club house and leave it on the counter. That shit will get gone quicker than Jordan sneakers on black Friday!
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 05-03-2017 at 08:00 PM.

That's why I like having my on land. I'm going to drink a few beers before I get in the stand. Then some more when I get on the stand. But, I don't shoot bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by scslayer View Post
    That's why I like having my on land. I'm going to drink a few beers before I get in the stand. Then some more when I get on the stand. But, I don't shoot bushes.
    Hell, I hunt my land more than I hunt at the hunt club. I join a hunt club for the social activities and to have access to a walk in cooler. Oh, it is nice to have a little get away retreat to get away from the Ole lady. Hell, I spend the night at the hunt club then leave early and go back to hunt my place then drive back to hear the bullshit about what everyone else saw at the club.
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 05-03-2017 at 08:08 PM.

I'm in

Sounds like I need to open a liquor and beer store, from August to January.

Lotta good stuff in here. Good thread cotton and posts other guy.

I'd like to see a pic of ol cottons "ole lady"
    Last edited by Relentlous; 05-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    867-5309

The only thing I hate about the fall is all the dumb ass out of towners coming in to hunt. There are some lying sumbiches that hunt. How you gonna claim that you saw a big buck long and well enough to count the number of points but couldn't get a shot??? Get the hell out of here... You run into numbnuts like that at the gas station...

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I think i met Cottontwat at the BP in Denmark once.. the sumbitch that was pumping diesel into a Z seventeeeeone. He was already at $40 before I tried to correct his error.

I knew it was him $40,000 truck with $30 worth of wormy " deerhounds" in the dog boxes..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Fuck a G rated hunt club. We came to kill shit and party.

just when I think, "this place has been kinda boring today" a thread like this comes along.

lots of potential here....
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Fuck a G rated hunt club. We came to kill shit and party.
    That's what the hell in talking about! I read shit on here all the time about people looking for a "family oriented" hunt club....what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    That's what the hell in talking about! I read shit on here all the time about people looking for a "family oriented" hunt club....what the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Those are the Hmong clubs with all the Asians in 'em.

Boys should hang around hunt clubs to learn what they're dads want them to know but aren't comfortable teaching them

Family oriented to me means they come to sign out a bunch of stands with one membership and shoot small bucks + does.

And aren't probably any fun to drink beer, shot whisky, and throw dice with.

Or bring women like wives / girlfriends. Strippers are okay. But that's about it.

I spent more time sitting around the fire with bucknfloat2 and some cold beers than i did sitting in the deer stand.

We had a pot smoking, hippie guy at the club named Dan. We had clubhouse closed in sorta and he was sleeping in a lounge chair in it while goincoastal and i were in a camper right beside it. About midnight we hear a gunshot followed by another a few seconds later. Next morning dan claimed he woke up and a coon was standing in the doorway and he started spraying bullets through the new walls. Guess that agent orange and weed made him see shit.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Good Ole hunt club campers.....reek of mildew and loaded with mice. After a few beers....who gives a shit.
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 05-03-2017 at 09:33 PM.