Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Garden Thread

Gardening to me is like taking a whipping or having to rake pinestraw. I have yet to understand the need/allure of a damn garden. That is why God gave us grocery stores.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Gardening to me is like taking a whipping or having to rake pinestraw. I have yet to understand the need/allure of a damn garden. That is why God gave us grocery stores.
    With that mindset there is no point in hunting or fishing either.

Might as well just buy your meat from the grocery store
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

You ain't priced lettuce lately or any other produce outa Californacation have you
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

With your given success regarding everything outdoors related you come in contact I can see what you have this mindset. Everything is starting to make sense now.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

its 4"x4"x48" goat and sheep fence... thats my goat pasture fence actually. the post are 9' apart with 6x6 corners and 4x4 posts every 100'

Nice guys, HA, those zucchini are big.

I thought the kennel was a tomato cage, that's something I've always wanted to build. Like a walls and a roof, but slanted, house style, but fancy.. not like a goat cage or anything. Just to keep the critters out, the walls and such made out of maybe fancy chicken wire. So like a fancy chicken coop.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Nice guys, HA, those zucchini are big.

I thought the kennel was a tomato cage, that's something I've always wanted to build. Like a walls and a roof, but slanted, house style, but fancy.. not like a goat cage or anything. Just to keep the critters out, the walls and such made out of maybe fancy chicken wire. So like a fancy chicken coop.
    didnt gather much out of this other than you thought the dog kennel was a tomatoe cage... English please

Gardening to me is like taking a whipping or having to rake pinestraw. I have yet to understand the need/allure of a damn garden. That is why God made farmers to fill grocery stores.
    FIFY
    cut\'em

I will not. Those were my rambling thoughts on the potty.

Highstrung those tomatoes are healthy... when did you plant?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    With that mindset there is no point in hunting or fishing either.

Might as well just buy your meat from the grocery store

Hell, he prolly couldn't find the damn frozen turkeys in the grocery store either.

Zinger
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

for all you gardeners........

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/world-...g-day-may-7th/

World Naked Gardening Day is May 6th

Sources: Hulme Community Garden Centre / Twitter @MENnewsdesk

Posted by Randall Bonner

3 days ago

World Naked Gardening Day is May 6th. Are you prepared?

World Naked Gardening Day is an opportunity to pull weeds, plant flowers, and harvest vegetables while getting some sun where it doesn’t usually shine.

While you might get a little dirty, the intention is good, clean, fun in the sun, and a move towards becoming more comfortable in our skin with “non-sexual nudity.”

Inspired by World Naked Bike Ride events, Mark Storey (consulting editor for Nude & Natural magazine) and permaculturalist Jacob Gabriel founded World Naked Gardening Day as a project of Body Freedom Collaborative (BFC). Some of Storey’s other mischievous pranks are rooted in guerrilla gardening in urban environments.

Corky Stanton of Clothes Free International assisted Storey with web hosting and promotion of the project. Stanton also provided web hosting and promotion for World Naked Bike Ride from the beginning of the project.

The event is not intended to be a large gathering at any particular location, but something people can practice on their own time and at their own will, however they please. Storey notes in the New York Daily News that,

“No particular organization owns World Naked Gardening Day.”

The website acted as a seed for the concept, which has been left to grow organically on its own through participants providing the necessary nutrients in order for it to continue to grow.

The first annual World Naked Gardening Day event took place on September 10, 2005. In 2007, the event date was moved to the first Saturday in May where it still takes place to this day. The day before, International Permaculture Day, also takes place on the first Sunday of May.

Beyond the fact that the event is fitting to coincide with good weather, the objective was not to conflict with with the World Naked Bike Ride. Besides, spring is the ideal time of year to be in the garden anyway.

The event is intended to be non-political, and more about creating a positive body self-image.

“It’s not about exposing your body to other people,” said Stanton, in an interview with Today. “It’s about body acceptance and being one with nature on your own. … We actually do these events in secluded areas.”

Special thanks to the hosts of the World Naked Gardening Day website for allowing the use of these photos. For more information on this event, please visit the website wngd.org/ or their like their page on Facebook Facebook.com
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Gonna be kinda cool in the hole Saturday butt............ Pun intended.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Burney Mac View Post
    Hell, he prolly couldn't find the damn frozen turkeys in the grocery store either.
    You're right, he'd be sitting at the entrance of the store listening for them to gobble
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

5 days later and the squash plants have really taken off. Just put fertilizer to them yesterday. Haven't turned the sprinkler on yet. Might not have to at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    what's the best pickling cucumber to plant?
    Eureka, they are the best tasting cucumbers I have found to date.
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ZKILLR View Post
    Eureka, they are the best tasting cucumbers I have found to date.
    Where the hell is your garden? I know it's impressive as always.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    Where the hell is your garden? I know it's impressive as always.
    It's planted 330 tomatoes, 300 feet of potatoes, 100 various pepper plants, 100 squash,100 cucumbers, a pond of string bean seeds and a pond of okra seed. A few other odd vegetables in there too. Haven't had much time to get it right been planting corn and cotton from rembert to Timmonsville.
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

Picked our first banana peppers yesterday and will eat squash and Taters this week