Thread: old bottomland

Default old bottomland

Anyone had a gun dipped in the old bottomland pattern? Wondering how close it is to the original Remington ones. Ive got an extra barrel for my sp-10 that id like to have match as well as an old single shot and 870 id like to to as well. I know our two sponsors have it listed, just curious how it looks
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Default old bottomland

I have 3 guns in the original Bottomland (Remingtons dipped in the 1990s) and 3 guns dipped in original Bottomland with new film. The stuff Remington dipped in was much redder than the newer stuff. The khaki color on the pattern is darker and the brown is redder. The newer film matches fabric/apparel better but there is a difference between the 1990s original Bottomland dip and the 2010s original Bottomland dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HartClemson99; 04-28-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

10-4, that's what I needed to know, but without the two side by side probably wouldn't notice it?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    10-4, that's what I needed to know, but without the two side by side probably wouldn't notice it?
    You are asking the wrong person that question as I would venture to say he would but most others wouldn't.

The top pic is a newly dipped gun. The bottom is a factory original from the 90s. The birds are 16' and 17' osceolas.

As mentioned above, I would be very critical as I once worked for Mossy Oak. I think it would work on your SP-10.

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Thats what i needed Hart. Looks close enough

Here is mine I just got back from CCC on Friday.

that looks sharp. I got one dipped by him in nat gear a few years ago. He does a great job.