Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercraft bill alert

So can they write me a ticket for planning off to close to my own dock?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's too subjective and in my opinion difficult, if not impossible to enforce unless the state wants to pay for buoys to be placed 100 yards from every dock and require anchored boats to place strobe buoys 100 yards from themselves before they anchor.
    Don't go giving them any ideas you big dummy.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Ducktape, my feeling is that this is just another step towards no wake zones everywhere and I am opposed to it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    exactly. charleston harbor anchorage coming in under the connector & 17 used to be allowed to run through there on the left side if you could remain 50' away from moored vessels, now it's 100% no wake, even if you're in a 15' john boat incapable of throwing a wake 1/2 the size of the average windswell in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Do y'all want to fight the legislation?
    Just to clear the air, is that what you plan to do?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Just to clear the air, is that what you plan to do?

Not by myself.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Well, can we help? Cause this is just silliness. And the fact that one fella making sure Moultrie wasn't included to suit his personal agenda chaps my ass.

Reminds me of that whole healthcare thing, where it's good enough for the masses but not good enough for Congress.

Last edited by willyworm; 04-28-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I don't agree with 100 ft and don't agree with the Moultrie exception. All or none. But 100 ft on most waterways is too much. Stupid can anchor in the middle of the waterway and make me slow down, no.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    exactly. charleston harbor anchorage coming in under the connector & 17 used to be allowed to run through there on the left side if you could remain 50' away from moored vessels, now it's 100% no wake, even if you're in a 15' john boat incapable of throwing a wake 1/2 the size of the average windswell in the area.
    that is an illegal no wake zone posted by the city of Charleston- who does not have the authority to make no wake zones- fight it in court and it's thrown out every time- if it doesn't have a DNR emblem or US coast guard emblem- fuck em

fight any legislation that is not uniformly implemented. If it isnt applied to moultrie then fuck them.

As stated above, its stupid.

Plus its just another example of people not wanting other folks to use the resources they think they own. Buy a house at the lake and suddenly you own all of the water that you can see from your dock. You are not Christopher Columbus that can claim it for yourself. IF you dont like boat wake, move to the other end of a dirt road in the pines.

50' is more than enough

Plus I would rather most most boats come by planed off running wide open than riding bow high pushing a 4 ft wake.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

If you stroll by, stretched out, you leave almost no wake
    Its those idiot that think they are at idle speed, plowing their crops, that cause all the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

And technically by saying propped watercraft, you are excluding personal watercraft as they have an impeller not prop.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    And technically by saying propped watercraft, you are excluding personal watercraft as they have an impeller not prop.
    that was intentional

What about a jet ski paralleling a moving vessel and jumping the wake. Happens daily on greenwood
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

. And the fact that one fella making sure Moultrie wasn't included to suit his personal agenda chaps my ass.

Reminds me of that whole healthcare thing, where it's good enough for the masses but not good enough for Congress.
    x100 This is the type of shit that so many people are tired of. People in politics make legislation to fit their personal agenda and its horse shit.
    HRCH DL's Black Kentucky Shine SH "Colby"
    HR Devil's Dirty Little Secret "Tessa"

2015 1760dbst Havoc & 90 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke

Well, can we help? Cause this is just silliness. And the fact that one fella making sure Moultrie wasn't included to suit his personal agenda chaps my ass.

Thing I cant figure is how it benifits him. Its staying at 50 feet on Moultrie. If its the Senator Im thinking, he lives across the road from me on the water and has a dock. You would think he would want the boat further out from his own property. Not sure what gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Thing I cant figure is how it benifits him. Its staying at 50 feet on Moultrie. If its the Senator Im thinking, he lives across the road from me on the water and has a dock. You would think he would want the boat further out from his own property. Not sure what gives.
    Think about it. He wants to be able to drive his boat close to someone else's pier and not have to deal with the man.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    I hope either you were so tired, or so drunk at 2:12 in the morning that you had no idea what you were saying because this is got to be the stupidest thing I have read on here in a while. Did you find humor in this?
    The first part was a genuine question. I’m sorry you can’t read the sarcasm. This accident seems to be caused by one driver not seeing the other. No law regulating distance could prevent that. The law could set a distance of a mile between two boats, but that does not prevent one from running over someone they do not see.

Fight it. If it's that important, increase enforcement of the current law.
    G

Don't ever trust government. Don't ever trust this sick society. Don't ever trust that law enforcement can protect you when you need it. -Duck Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Do y'all want to fight the legislation?
    Yes.

And while your at it could someone tell those folks in Airport slough that roping off areas to keep boats out is not permitted. Floating cables for 200 yards of shoreline.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It's too subjective and in my opinion difficult, if not impossible to enforce unless the state wants to pay for buoys to be placed 100 yards from every dock and require anchored boats to place strobe buoys 100 yards from themselves before they anchor.
    This

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk