Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercraft bill alert

It is extremely rare that one representative can stop a train. Typically you get run over. Getting run over reduces other reps confidence in your wisdom. Without the respect of others you quickly become irrelevant. Bannister may have started his career on ag but he is on judiciary now. I doubt this bill is on anyones radar.

While you may perceive it cowardly to not singularly stand up against an issue, it rarely accomplishes anything but an overwhelming loss.

Now three or so people asking the right questions to me as I speak can be very influential. The committee will present the bill and tout all the lives it may save. They will bring up the recent accident and play on the emotions. I can try to amend the bill to include Moultrie and hope the senator kills it. I can add Lake Marion and forget the rest of you.

With help I can kill it. It is your choice.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I will still slow down where courtesy is called for because I always have and I will run any speed
    I want when appropriate. Fuck all this nonesense

The cstfishermsn anchor right on the markers and dam on lake Marion.

Exclude lake Marion. No where else to navigate with the stumps.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    Exactly!

This is why nothing worthwhile will ever get accomplished in Columbia. Too many people following others and scared to stand up for what is right.
    So do you like the bill? Who will you call?

So who exactly is voting on this bill so I know who to contact? The Representative of my district?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 04-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So who exactly is voting on this bill so I know who to contact? The Representative of my district?

Rep Murrell Smith, David Weeks. Dr Ridgeway has Manning and Summerton.

Got it, I'll call em Monday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    So do you like the bill? Who will you call?
    I am calling no one. If you will not stand for what is right even in the face of overwhelming odds then what is the point of me wasting my time. I am sure others up there have the same mentality so at this point it is worthless.

For the record there are too many laws on the books now that cannot be enforced. So I am against anything new.

I am calling no one. If you will not stand for what is right even in the face of overwhelming odds then what is the point of me wasting my time. I am sure others up there have the same mentality so at this point it is worthless.

For the record there are too many laws on the books now that cannot be enforced. So I am against anything new.
    But Bo! It will hurt his reputation with his buddies. Doesn't care that he is against it or what the consensus is with boaters or his district for that matter.
    Isn't this yet another, "I don't like it but will probably vote for it" thread? Serious question, not busting the man's ass, just my interpretation of what I have read in here.

Let me preface this comment by saying this: I'm ignorant on the process, and I'm not trying to avoid calling anyone.

But do you guys not communicate about these things when you're not actually voting? I kinda figured you'd have some idea on the vote will go before everyone showed up. Or is more complicated than that?

Last edited by willyworm; 04-30-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Are you not allowed to put the hard questions to the others, in front of the others? Like why the Lake he lives own is excluded?
    I would think lots of legislators boat and know how ridiculous this is? Are you guys scared to go against whoever came up with
    and supports this? Why would you vote "with the others" even when you don't want to? Cant you call up your ass hat buddies
    and say, "hey this is BS lets make it go away?"
    I must be missing something

Thanks for helping. You are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Are you not allowed to put the hard questions to the others, in front of the others? Like why the Lake he lives own is excluded?
    I would think lots of legislators boat and know how ridiculous this is? Are you guys scared to go against whoever came up with
    and supports this? Why would you vote "with the others" even when you don't want to? Cant you call up your ass hat buddies
    and say, "hey this is BS lets make it go away?"
    I must be missing something
    Why don't you call my ass hat buddies? The only way to stop this is to help. If you don't this will NEVER go back to 50 ft.

Thanks for helping. You are worthless.
    I am not the one who was elected to REPRESENT his district. If all you do is follow the leader then you are a disgrace to the office that you hold. There has been enough of that bullshit and people are growing sick of it.

Southern woods- you're an idiot. He is telling you that if you care, get active. You too, ecu. You are missing something- you don't understand how this works. Unless you are DTs constituents, bitching at him doesn't matter, call your rep. The lack of comprehension around here is staggering.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Southern woods- you're an idiot. He is telling you that if you care, get active. You too, ecu. You are missing something- you don't understand how this works. Unless you are DTs constituents, bitching at him doesn't matter, call your rep. The lack of comprehension around here is staggering.
    You telling me, "I don't understand how this works" is hilarious. You may need to kiss their ass, I don't.
    I left Nathan a VM and emailed him earlier today.
    Here is his info if anyone else wants to in Lex and Richland Counties:
    Business Phone (803) 734-2969
    http://www.scstatehouse.gov/email.php?T=M&C=102272715
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-30-2017 at 12:13 AM.

I have to stand up in front of the class and tell them why it is smart to roar by someone in a 32 ft Intrepid at 50 ft.

Help me with my explanation. You and your daughter are in a 14 ft john boat anchored in the middle of the lake with cat fishing lines thrown in every direction. With all the room in the world available, some yahoo flies by you at 52 mph and strips all the line off one of your reels. The boat nearly capsizes. Your daughters drink spills, the wave splashes over your transom and your anchor shifts. One of your lines gets drug into a stump. Your daughter is scared and wants to go home.

Help me convince the legislature why 50 ft is far enough. Lets hear your speech.

I have to stand up in front of the class and tell them why it is smart to roar by someone in a 32 ft Intrepid at 50 ft.

Help me with my explanation. You and your daughter are in a 14 ft john boat anchored in the middle of the lake with cat fishing lines thrown in every direction. With all the room in the world available, some yahoo flies by you at 52 mph and strips all the line off one of your reels. The boat nearly capsizes. Your daughters drink spills, the wave splashes over your transom and your anchor shifts. One of your lines gets drug into a stump. Your daughter is scared and wants to go home.

Help me convince the legislature why 50 ft is far enough. Lets hear your speech.
    Duck Tape, wouldn't that scenario already be covered by some type of general boating law/regulation? Perhaps 50-21-110 or 50-21-111, negligent or reckless operation? You can legislate down to the type of shoes you have to wear while boating, and it's not going to solve the problem of dumbassery on the water.

And I get what you're saying about folks trying to convince their reps. But for that to be necessary on a law like this, it means a whole lot of your legislative buddies are severely out to lunch. If you're not in favor of this, why not make a stand? Try to be a leader and convince others that laws like this are inconsistent with conservative values? You may not "win" on this issue, but doesn't trying to influence others on big picture thinking have value in itself?

guys, give em a break.
    they have a job. that is to write laws. someone has to come up with laws to write or else their job is obscelete. (and paychecks)

i mean come on... dude is trying to come with with a justifyable reason for his asshat buddies NOT to write more shit in the books!

REALLY?!?
    there are already too many regulations and not enough personel to enforce what we have.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Look no further than the one senator who excluded his home lake. If the rest in Columbia are stupid enough to not fight that for the people they represent then why should I waste my breath? There is no sense in having to tell grown men the difference in right and wrong. If I am an idiot for believing that then so be it.
    Last edited by SOUTHERN WOODS; 04-30-2017 at 08:11 AM.