Thread: Lexington area electrician

Default Lexington area electrician

Any good ideas or references?

Need one in general, as my usual guy has moved to Bishopville. But I'm not feeling comfortable working with the 240 volt circuit on this well. (No, I decided to avoid making myself a sparkler by trying to hot-wire the well pump).
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can handle most things.

Text in coming

Steelin's guy is good. I have had him do a couple of things for me at work that turned out nice.

It's been looked at. Pressure switch fried.... again. Wasn't grounded well. Thanks for all the input.

Wasn't grounded well ? How did they come up with that. It ran fine for months. Ground from pump to pressure switch or incoming power to pressure switch

Not sure. He didn't say that was the cause... but it was there. But he prefers that I get the well guy to install the new switch. Something about calibrating the pressure tank. I am clueless when it comes to this. The tank, by the way, has been in place since about 1999 or so, and lays on its side under the house. I have a plate full of stuff to do before going to Colorado next week and just trying to get it done.

I think there may be a slow leak somewhere in my irrigation system. I swear I hear the well pump cycling on and off when stuff isn't running. That would also wear out the contacts quicker I'm sure.

Pressure switches are set from factory. If you need more pressure a 7/16 nut driver, clockwise will increase pressure. If you can clean a glock a pressure switch is nothing.

I think the one that I have on there now is a 40-50. I don't need more than 50. What he was talking about was something related to the tank.

The usual reason a pressure switch burns is because there is or was a loose wire and not making good contact with the switch. Or your have a large HP pump and switch was not heavy enough to handle the amperage flow witch I doubt.