Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clemson: Minorities Can Be Late

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Clemson: Minorities Can Be Late

I saw this yesterday and thought maybe it was fake. So I googled today after seeing it pop up again. It looks like it's true. Click here $26K per professor for training.

The rot of political correctness

Reporting about Pomona College: “Black students condemn ‘truth’ as an invention of white people, want conservatives expelled.” News about Clemson University: “Public university’s ‘diversity training’: Expecting people to show up on time is racist.” A headline about the work of an ungraduated researcher at University of Wisconsin-Madison: “Teachers should allow Ebonics because English grammar is too hard for minorities to learn.”
    Clemson Spends Mega-Cash to Give Staff 'Sensitivity Training'

South Carolina is known as the home of Fort Sumter, the place where the first shots were fired in the Civil War. So perhaps it’s fitting that a student at one of the state’s most famous universities should fire a warning shot about the absurd political correctness erupting in the school administration.

The site is Clemson University, which reportedly planned last year to push its professors through “diversity training, as well as hire a new “Chief Diversity Officer."

The diversity officer, whose hiring was announced on Feb. 10 last year, is an attorney whose official position is -- get this -- “Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and Special Assistant to the President for Inclusive Excellence." And of course, thanks to the inflation in higher education, this new Ivory Tower employee earns over $185,000 a year.

With his help, the school is now ready to implement its new “diversity training” via a company called Workplace Answers, at a cost of $26,945. And while it is unclear whether staff are required to take the class, Gunter notes that those who do not complete the training will “receive two automated reminders."

And what is the content of this “diversity training”? Is it about inclusiveness of ideas and the freedom to debate? Or is it about other things, like forcing staff members to accept liberal notions of “inclusiveness” regarding race?

If you guessed the latter, you get an A, no automated e-mails necessary.

In one of the training scenarios, writes Campus Reform's Mitchell Gunter, the following scenario is presented:
    ▬ ▬ ▬

…(A) character named Alejandro schedules a 9:00 a.m. meeting between two groups of foreign professors and students. The first group arrived fifteen minutes early, while the second arrived ten minutes late. According to the answers, it is wrong for Alejandro to “politely ask the second group to apologize,” or explain that “in our country, 9:00 a.m. means 9:00 a.m.”

...Rather, the slide says that Alejandro should “recognize cultural differences that may impact the meeting and adjust accordingly,” and understand “that his cultural perspective regarding time is neither more nor less valid than any other.”

▬ ▬ ▬
    Should Clemson profs think this is a waste of time or money, that, in itself, is a sign of closed-mindedness, and, perhaps, white male privilege. Notes Gunter:
    ▬ ▬ ▬
    In one scenario between “Henry” and “Maxine,” Maxine thinks that inclusion and diversity training are about “political correctness,” and are a distraction, in response to which the training suggests that Henry should “discuss how diversity can lead to better decisions,” and “decrease employee turnover.”
    ▬ ▬ ▬
    The incorrect answer, the report notes, is to “say nothing” and assume Maxine is correct.

At a university that receives more than a quarter of its funds from government sources, using gobs of cash to fill the heads of professors with often extraneous and politically charged “sensitivity” concerns rather than allowing them to maximize their time to teach in their fields of expertise could be a problem for taxpayers.

But according to reports, that kind of sensitivity training is not included in the course.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-25-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

My professors drank beer with students at the Esso and excused you from class if you needed to dove hunt.
    Last edited by Sportin' Woodies; 04-25-2017 at 07:17 PM.

My professors at the The University of South Carolina taught class when they were scheduled to, didn't excuse absences, failed every one that deserved it and some that didn’t, and started every class on-time.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Congrats. Maybe that's why it's easier to get into usc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    My professors drank beer with students at the Esso and excused you from class if you needed to dove hunt.
    Same here. Even took a few hunting from time to time if I needed a grade.
    Go Tigers!!!

It's not. Freshman GPA, SAT,and ACT are virtually identical. USC just has a larger class. Maybe you should educate yourself before spouting off.

Only because it's harder to get out of...

You don't have to tell us you didn't get accepted to Clemson and had to fall back on your usc application. It's none of our business.

You don't have to tell us you didn't get accepted to Clemson and had to fall back on your usc application. It's none of our business.
    Tell me more...

Check the time stamp on posts. Wasn't addressing you.

I was let out of classes my first freshman year because of beautiful weather a couple times, Coastal.. Although in my next couple learning institutions sunny days did not carry the same weight.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-25-2017 at 09:17 PM.

My sociology professor first semester made the statement that africans were not as intelligent overall compared to other races on the first day of class. That it was a scientific fact. I was sitting next to five football players and wondered if I'd make it out of there alive if her dumb ass kept talking. But nobody seemed to care too much. If you showed up on the day of the exam and didn't feel prepared she'd let you schedule a time to take it in her office with the TA watching. So she turned out to be pretty decent for a bigot.

Sportin' catching a mess even on the day of Dale's retirement announcement. Mad props for fighting through the pain.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 04-25-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Dr Eversole and company? The good old days...I'm so thankful I had my first college stent back in those days.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

My USC English 102 professor failed me; I had an "A", did all the work in a timely fashion, but missed the part in the syllabus about attendance being mandatory; in my defense, I did attend some classes, but just not the majority of them.

Damn him (me).

Nix was the dove hunter.

I am Clemson faculty. USC appears easier to get accepted simply because of a larger freshman class. I personally know two kids who were accepted to Clemson but bridged at USC. May I suggest a little research before typing.

Ben Tillman must be so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Ben Tillman must be so proud.
    What did I miss? Someone lynch a negro?

Nix was a good dude for a tater.