Thread: Navigate Herbicide

Default Navigate Herbicide

Any one used this treatment towards their pond? I'm looking to treat watershield, as well as some other under the surface aquatic plants. It says its okay to use for fishing and livestock, but want to be 100%. If not, anyone have an aquatic rake?

Side note: Come pick all the watershield you want!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Don't know that herbicide but I will warm not to spray too much at once. Decaying vegetation will deplete the oxygen.

As for an aquatic rake, look for a landscape rake on the cheap
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 04-24-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    Any one used this treatment towards their pond? I'm looking to treat watershield, as well as some other under the surface aquatic plants. It says its okay to use for fishing and livestock, but want to be 100%. If not, anyone have an aquatic rake?

The poles that are used for pool brushes or leaf nets work good, if you can find an old one.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post

Check your label man...every question you asked is answered within the label.

We use diquat/chelated copper mix or a sonar/clipper type herbicide for submersed stuff. Navigate is labeled for Watershield control and the only areas that I would be cautious in using it would be irrigation ponds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackhead22; 04-25-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Our pond was covered up in watershield. We applied Navigate per label instructions and it completely eliminated it with one application.

It's been over 10 years now and it's just starting to come back.
    Last edited by dfasano; 04-25-2017 at 03:36 PM.