Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you SC lawmakers

Default Thank you SC lawmakers

Thank you SC house and senate members. Yall successfully initiated the movement to cleanse our country clean of confederate history. Your move to take down the flag and remove half of the monument...pole, concrete pad, and fence with construction equipent set the presidence that it is acceptable to destroy historical monuments whenever it seems popular. May your votes haunt you til death. New Orleans took your guidance and started the removal of 4 confederate monuments last night. Wistv.com has the article.
    PS: Ive heard that Sherry Few is not the mainstream republican's candidate for the open congressional seat but I LOVE to hear her clown on Norman and Pope for their flag votes.
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 04-24-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Want to hear a good one? They can't stand the sight of the flag but are perfectly fine keeping the old slave trading market right in downtown Charleston.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Want to hear a good one? They can't stand the sight of the flag but are perfectly fine keeping the old slave trading market right in downtown Charleston.
    You uhmm, might want to do a little history lesson on that one. Slaves weren't bought and sold in the market, they were sent there by their households to procure provisions and bring them back.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

No response from Ducktape yet?
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

the most spineless moment in SC political history.

Just remember that special forces and dishonest miscreants operate in the dead of night and i don't think that special forces had anything to do with the removal of the monuments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Thank you SC house and senate members. Yall successfully initiated the movement to cleanse our country clean of confederate history. Your move to take down the flag and remove half of the monument...pole, concrete pad, and fence with construction equipent set the presidence that it is acceptable to destroy historical monuments whenever it seems popular. May your votes haunt you til death. New Orleans took your guidance and started the removal of 4 confederate monuments last night. Wistv.com has the article.
    PS: Ive heard that Sherry Few is not the mainstream republican's candidate for the open congressional seat but I LOVE to hear her clown on Norman and Pope for their flag votes.
    At least Im not stupid.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Our lawmakers, politicians, etc. have brought us to this point in time. They cave into the noise and the tax payers are a distant memory. A politically correct society will be the downfall of our great land. I feel sorry for children and grand children.

We can't fix our highways but we can dang sure remove any history that offends the minority.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

That flag had nothing to do with our heritage. It was a middle finger after forced integration. If you want to preserve our heritage of this state, there are many better ways to do it. We could start by celebrating the proud moments of our state's history during the entire last 400 years rather than concentrating on a lost war that lasted less than 5.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 04-24-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    At least Im not stupid.
    No you are a traitor to your State and it's Heritage.
    Last edited by SOUTHERN WOODS; 04-24-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    That flag had nothing to do with our heritage. It was a middle finger after forced integration. If you want to preserve our heritage of this state, there are many better ways to do it. We could start by celebrating the proud moments of our state's history during the entire last 400 years rather than concentrating on a lost war that lasted less than 5.
    Good ole' Fritz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Send me a bill for your loses.

Stupid=not a choice
    Coward=choice

I'd send you a prosthetic spine but I can't find one in yellow to match the rest of you.

Thanks for your support Earnhard.

I felt sick to my stomach for 2 weeks after watching the damn highway patrol take down the flag to the chants of the protesters. Those bastards couldnt keep quiet for ten minutes to give the moment the solemn respect it deserved. More Americans died in that war than in any other conflict we have been in as a nation.

The moral of the story is NEVER make decisions in the heat of the moment. Emotions cloud judgment and clear thinking. The flag and pole were added to the monument after the dome compromise was reached. SC would have been fine with an alternative flag replacement, but when we allowed construction equipment to come tear down the pole and its base, we set a precedence that historical monuments are not meant to be permanent.
    Last edited by Cottontop74; 04-24-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    The moral of the story is NEVER make decisions in the heat of the moment. Emotions cloud judgment and clear thinking. The flag and pole were added to the monument after the dome compromise was reach. SC would have been fine with an alternative flag replacement, but when we allowed construction equipment to come tear down the pole and its base, we set a precedence that historical monuments are not meant to be permanent.
    Pretty spot on...

I can still see that lady spewing crocodile tears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I understand that people and cultures change their views overtime....thats life and we normally change for the better but we can't rewrite history. If a people from the past felt strongly enough to erect a monument to memorialize a moment in time, by God we ought to respect it. We don't have to love it or hate it, but respect it for the important history that it is.

Grown men still crying over a flag.

Hopefully you will one day realize what the important things are in your life. Start by concentrating on the living.