Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OOS Big Ag

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Is that actual usage? Or what their potential flow could be? My Surface Water Withdrawal permit is enough that I could pump at full capacity 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No way I come close to using that much water, but SCDHEC recommended me to size the permit that large.
    Ding ding ding everyone was instructed to way overestimate usage to potentially secure water rights in the future. These numbers are no where near factual. Also think if you record river levels directly downstream of an irrigation intake and before you reach the next drainage into the river, it might look like shit on paper. Agricultural common sense hasn't even appeared in this series of articles but I bet it has done an excellent job of riling up the do-gooders and the misinformed.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    It took awhile for that author to make it clear that irrigation water and house water are coming from two different aquifers and really are not interconnected. These articles are a witch hunt.
    If that is all Harry Ott said to the paper then he should be questioning his job, if that is not all he said than he should make a stink because that further presses my point that Ag still has the steering wheel but will be just a bus rider here soon.
    When Sammy Fretwell calls you don't do much talking. He will twist what you say as good as anyone you have ever seen, and that is from personal experience. He is the only reporter I have been interviewed by whose number I have saved in my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    When Sammy Fretwell calls you don't do much talking. He will twist what you say as good as anyone you have ever seen, and that is from personal experience. He is the only reporter I have been interviewed by whose number I have saved in my phone.
    Hence why I said make a stink. It quite obvious to the informed that the author had the story written long before he gathered the facts
    cut\'em

My common sense suggests SC gets enough annual rainfall to not have the water shortage problems of the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    This place gets so silly that I can't help but be facetious.

In this case, we have what should be a discussion about the effects of large scale agriculture on the Edisto watershed turning into the exact same "who do you hate" discussion that every thread devolves to on scducks.

Is that spit out properly?
    so......did you leave room open for this potentially being a NON-issue? The edisto will be just fine and the farmers can use a lot of water without any ill effects? Or are you jumping on a bandwagon while making fun of those on the other wagon?

Asking for a friend...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

He's a democrat in sheeps clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    so......did you leave room open for this potentially being a NON-issue? The edisto will be just fine and the farmers can use a lot of water without any ill effects? Or are you jumping on a bandwagon while making fun of those on the other wagon?

Asking for a friend...
    My bad for not responding. Don't get on here as often as farmers and dentists. I'm interested in truth and don't pretend to know if this is a non issue or not. What I do understand well, though, is cognitive bias. I've never voted for a democrat, Sportin, and don't have the self esteem issues you seem to be so desperately trying to feed on.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead