Thread: Snake Id

Default Snake Id

What kind?
    image.jpg
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Pink belly worm snake?
    Non Supporting Member

Looks like a juvy garter snake
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

One thing that is wrong is it's alive. Looks like a little cobra to me seeing that there isn't any rattles on it, but I'm not an expert by no means.
    867-5309

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Maybe a young Dekay's (brown snake).
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Storeria dekayi. Brown snake aka Dekay's snake. Harmless
    Hunting outside the box

Brown snakes are one of the most poisonous snakes in the universe. Chop its head off. Don't play with the head though snakes can bite for up to two weeks after being decapitated

Round Earth Snake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

After a second look the markings prove that MM and Zephyr are probably right. Harmless, let it go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Yep northern brown - I let my kids play with them.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

They make good pets too. I think 21" is about as big as they get. I may be wrong about that though.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I showed it to my girls but they wanted no part of touching it. Then I returned it to where I found it.
    Last edited by sftull; 04-22-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Brown snakes are one of the most poisonous snakes in the universe.
    There are no poisonous snakes. If you are talking about venomous and you were talking about the Eastern Brown snake you would be almost right. The Common or Eastern brown snakes are considered the 2nd most venomous snake in the world. But hopefully you won't find one of those around here.

head should be buried atleast 5' deep

Why don't you bury your head 5' deep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Why don't you bury your head 5' deep

If he says that about a snake so small it's in a Mason jar he'd need a Cat 416 hoe to bury a 2' rat snake.

Brown. Good for you not killing it.