Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Ford F-150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost questions

Default 2016 Ford F-150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost questions

Picking up this truck next week and made sure to get the engine without the auto start stop, wanted the v8, but as it's primarily going to be a highway truck/ daliy driver I got the v6.
    I want to improve the ride and look.
    Looking for recommendations on a. What to get done b. Where to get it done. C. How much it's going to cost me?
    In the Charleston area, and wouldn't be entirely against driving to Lexington to have A2Z do the work, but if what I'm wanting done is pretty basic and any local reference could do it I'm all ears.

Thinking about just leveling out the front end, larger not too aggressive AT's, ranch hand, and some tint.
    Any suggestions on performance or ride would be great.
    Thanks,
    First new truck guy (on a budget)

Just throwing #'s out.

Tint front two windows 75.00

2 inch Rough Country kit at Toyo Open Country AT2's or AT extremes $1600.00

You will dress the truck up nicely

http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-sus...PNRxoCzwTw_wcB
    Last edited by KRT; 04-22-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Not a 16 but one I just done same kit and tint on. I got 35 12.50 Toyo RT's under with no rubbing.

Last edited by KRT; 04-22-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

When you said ranch hand budget no longer applies
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Not a 16 but one I just done same kit and tint on. I got 35 12.50 Toyo RT's under with no rubbing.

Is he a member here?

Curious to the MPG hit.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

I'm in Summerville and drive to Lexington when I need stuff like this done.

Bring it to Kevin. I have the same truck and will get him to do mine at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t come better than Kevin and his guys.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    When you said ranch hand budget no longer applies
    Have you priced the tacticool bumpers??

don't level it- unless you want to add a cone in the bed- dumbest shit ever. However- if the heaviest thing you ever carry/tow is a 4 wheeler- level on

Sorry- we can't properly answer this question without some qualifiers
    How old are you?
    College grad?
    Income bracket?
    Tied down or still trolling for strange daily?
    Salt life?
    Redneck?
    Poser?
    When was the last time your truck was stuck?
    Do cones look cool?

Leveled eco boost on 33 ATs toeing a 4 wheeler to AR. Not what I would call good highway mileage
    A3EA2AD5-AB22-452E-867D-DCC8BE752794.jpg
    cut\'em

No way in hell I would buy an eco boost again. Not after what I have been through.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    No way in hell I would buy an eco boost again. Not after what I have been through.
    Tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Tell me more

Ford
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Ford
    As much as it pains me to say it, Coot is right. I've been a Ford guy my entire life but will never buy another one. I plan on making a post about it to warn anyone considering buying one once I have more of a resolution...but the jist is, my F150 has 38,000 miles on it. The sunroof had a mechanical failure which didn't allow it to fully seal upon closing. It let water in which fried some electronics and has led to mold starting to grow in some carpet areas and on the back seat, (made worse by a local dealership who let the truck sit water logged in their parking lot for over 2 weeks with no attempts to dry it out), but I'll get into that another time. Ford sent out an adjuster, he acknowledged the sunroof malfunction and said it had probably been leaking for months, with the water hiding in the recesses. Ford is covering the sunroof repair, but says it's not responsible for any other damage caused by sunroof leaking. Apparently, the 72/ 100,000 extended warranty I purchased is no good in this situation. We're looking at about $4,000 worth of repair. I've worked my way all the way up the corporate ladder and am supposed to receive a call today from someone on the executive board up in Dearborn, MI. So, if you're looking at a new Ford, yes, they look sharp, but Ford will leave you hanging...you've been warned. As of now, I still don't have the truck...will update with a post when we get a little further.
    Last edited by BrowningGold; 11-29-2018 at 06:26 AM.
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningGold View Post
    As much as it pains me to say it, Coot is right. I've been a Ford guy my entire life but will never buy another one. I plan on making a post about it to warn anyone considering buying one once I have more of a resolution...but the jist is, my F150 has 38,000 miles on it. The sunroof had a mechanical failure which didn't allow it to fully seal upon closing. It let water in which fried some electronics and has led to mold starting to grow in some carpet areas and on the back seat, (made worse by a local dealership who let the truck sit water logged in their parking lot for over 2 weeks with no attempts to dry it out), but I'll get into that another time. Ford sent out an adjuster, he acknowledged the sunroof malfunction and said it had probably been leaking for months, with the water hiding in the recesses. Ford is covering the sunroof repair, but says it's not responsible for any other damage caused by sunroof leaking. Apparently, the 72/ 100,000 extended warranty I purchased is no good in this situation. We're looking at about $4,000 worth of repair. I've worked my way all the way up the corporate ladder and am supposed to receive a call today from someone on the executive board up in Dearborn, MI. So, if you're looking at a new Ford, yes, they look sharp, but Ford will leave you hanging...you've been warned. As of now, I still don't have the truck...will update with a post when we get a little further.
    If water damage is a direct result of the sunroof leaking, I don’t see how they could not be liable.

That’s disappointing to hear. I’ve got a 2016 and I have been very pleased with it. I just got 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    If water damage is a direct result of the sunroof leaking, I don’t see how they could not be liable.

One would think that would be the case...I've been shocked at how Ford has handled this so far. I've had to call Dearborn, MI everyday for the past week and aggrevate the execs up there with messages...I guess they got tired of hearing from me and have finally acknowledge my concern and are supposed to be looking into a resolution. I'm determined not to roll over on this, and will keep fighting until I'm satisfied.
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

Those of you with the eco boost don’t forget to have your intake valves cleaned every 50k. I’m sure it will help with fuel economy...

More fuel = more boost!!