Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What vanes are yall using

Default What vanes are yall using

A blazer jig, some super glue gel and some blazer vanes are hard to beat. The only time you have to replace them is if you practice with slick tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 05-07-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Shot blazers forever. Shooting vane tecs now and love them. Lower profile, slightly longer and quieter, Arizona ez fletch mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    This past season I bought some from Academy b/c they were marked down. Shot a deer through the ribs. When I went to get my arrow it wasn't there, just the fletchings. The entire quick fletch had ripped off about an inch or so below the fletchings.
    That's because your bow is too fast....the arrow out-runs the fletching.
    Fletching arrows is fun.I shoot 4" feathers right helical and have practice arrows that have had the same fletching on them for 7 or 8 years. Had one arrow in particular that I'd killed 14 deer with before a punk ass buck rolled over on it after it lodged in an offside shoulder. Still puts a tear in my eye thinking about it. As far as rain/water goes, how often do you hunt in the rain? If it's a lot, spend $3 and buy some waterproofing powder.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    That's because your bow is too fast....the arrow out-runs the fletching.
    Fletching arrows is fun.I shoot 4" feathers right helical and have practice arrows that have had the same fletching on them for 7 or 8 years. Had one arrow in particular that I'd killed 14 deer with before a punk ass buck rolled over on it after it lodged in an offside shoulder. Still puts a tear in my eye thinking about it. As far as rain/water goes, how often do you hunt in the rain? If it's a lot, spend $3 and buy some waterproofing powder.
    Until I bought those QF last season I have always fletched my own arrows. I personally use the Fusion vanes.