Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 days of grit and determination on the bird named Dildo

Quote Originally Posted by slowiedawg View Post
    I've been asking myself the same question.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I wish I could've taken each one of you smart asses once a morning and let him cut your ass so you could get a taste of it. The very best turkey hunter I know who is a stone cold turkey killer logged in 4 days with him with me. He told me I'd kill him just the way I did, quit and let nature run its course. Was he any different than most turkeys? No. I'm not saying he was a turkey god or anything. He just always had hens with him and they dictated where he went and what he did. I probably could have killed him at 35 yards the 3rd day I hunted him but it was a marginal shot at best and did not pull the trigger. He wasn't going anywhere and I was patient. There is a lot of rednecks on here that would've tried the shot and probably missed. I also could've tried him at 54 yards but also didn't feel comfortable so let me walk off. Was it easy? No. But in the end it all worked out.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 04-19-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Good job on finally killing it, however old it was. You sure have painted a bulls eye on your ass this time though...........
    Thanks "brother in law" and screw 'em. I could care less

I'm not sure I would have admitted I chased a turkey around for 14 days that is named after a rubber dick. You should have also probably left that pic of the spurs out if you are claiming those things are 1 1/8". None the less, congrats on the bird.

Is it a rare occasion that a gobbler is with hens?

Ricky hunted that bird 4 days with you??
    Last edited by jtmartin; 04-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCtrkyhntr1 View Post
    I'm not sure I would have admitted I chased a turkey around for 14 days that is named after a rubber dick. You should have also probably left that pic of the spurs out if you are claiming those things are 1 1/8". None the less, congrats on the bird.
    Just for you buddy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jtmartin View Post
    Ricky hunted that bird 4 days with you??
    No just one. Ricky was not who I was talking about when I say one of my best friends hunted him 4 days with me

PJ, quit gobbling at every Yelp, Cut, and Cluck!!

You're doing the Dino-trot in half strut all the way to the gun barrel..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Is it a rare occasion that a gobbler is with hens?
    No, but apparently hens dictating when and where a gobbler goes is.

TFC -"Be tough, or get tough!"

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Just for you buddy
    Haha, man stop taking everything said on here so seriously, we are all just giving you a hard time. Seriously congrats on the bird, go find another one....you got another 14 days or so to get him killed!

Haha, man stop taking everything said on here so seriously, we are all just giving you a hard time. Seriously congrats on the bird, go find another one....you got another 14 days or so to get him killed!

I like where you went with the 14 day thing hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm not here to act all fussy about a turkey. But could you fix your face?
    Somebody hadta say it.

Try getting closer and you wont have to wait 2 weeks to kill a 2y/o
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    Try getting closer and you wont have to wait 2 weeks to kill a 2y/o
    Well we have another pro here. I got as close as I could to him many a morning. I could roost him about any night I wanted so getting in close wasn't the problem. The closest I got to him on the roost was 75-100 yards and that was with Ricky. He flew down came to 60 yards with a hen standing in front of me at 15. The other two hens that were with him that morning flew the swamp so he turned around flew the swamp to and was following hens again. Thanks for the pro tip though there big guy. Also he's 3 but you probably know how old he is better than I do.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 04-19-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowiedawg View Post
    No, but apparently hens dictating when and where a gobbler goes is.

Well, I'll be dog

If you hadn't of been so timid, acting like the turkey was some delicate piece of glass, and listened to CC that turkey would have been dead when you had him come hunt, or should I say call the bird in for you.

Happy for you that you got him. But that said there ain't no way on God's green earth you set up "right under him" b/c he'd have been dead! 75-100 yds away isn't right under him. You're not "under him" until you have to step aside so he doesn't hit you in the head after he falls from his limb. And who in the hell nicknames a turkey "dildo"? Maybe that moniker was given to the wrong species.
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 04-19-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Is their a 14 day waiting period to shoot a turkey or buy adult toys.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Well we have another pro here. I got as close as I could to him many a morning. I could roost him about any night I wanted so getting in close wasn't the problem. The closest I got to him on the roost was 75-100 yards and that was with Ricky. He flew down came to 60 yards with a hen standing in front of me at 15. The other two hens that were with him that morning flew the swamp so he turned around flew the swamp to and was following hens again. Thanks for the pro tip though there big guy. Also he's 3 but you probably know how old he is better than I do.
    So why didnt you kill him at 60? If a turkey "beat my ass" for 14 days all chances of an honorable death are off. I woulda killed him off his limb if need be, no turkey gets 14 chances ESPECIALLY if i know where he roosts...
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    If you hadn't of been so timid, acting like the turkey was some delicate piece of glass, and listened to CC that turkey would have been dead when you had him come hunt, or should I say call the bird in for you.

Happy for you that you got him. But that said there ain't no way on God's green earth you set up "right under him" b/c he'd have been dead! 150 yds away isn't right under him. And who in the hell nicknames a turkey "dildo"? Maybe that moniker was given to the wrong species.
    How the hell are you going to tell me I didn't set up under him?!!! I was on one side of the food plot and he was on the other. The food plot is less than an acre. I could see him on the limb the whole time after he gobbled the first time. I set up in the dark and never knew he was there. I could just about shoot him off the limb if I wanted to kill him that way. When CC and I went the woods were noisey as hell. I knew the hens were close but wasn't sure where they were. Turns out they were over us where we set up. We were inside 100 yards when he gobbled at 6:05. I didn't think we could get any closer