Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 days of grit and determination on the bird named Dildo

Default 14 days of grit and determination on the bird named Dildo

After 14 hunts Dildo finally has died. This has been one of the most frustrating but fun rides of my turkey hunting career. I have had so many close calls with him and stupid shit has happened and screwed it up. From no shot at 35 yards, to deer coming in and blowing with him at 54, to me setting up right under him before daylight on Sunday before church, I've experienced it all. This morning I just sat back and let nature run its course and did not interfere at all. Every night he roost with a flock of hens and if you call they go the other way. He was the most gobbling turkey I have ever hunted in my life. He was high strung and fun to hunt. You could go on the property anytime of the day and you could get a gobble out of him but he always had his ladies friends. My buddy gave him the name Dildo because he walked around with a stiffer all the time. This morning I just sat in a food plot ccleroy and I had watched him strut in for a hour and half last Friday morning. Two hens pitched down at fly down and I knew I was in the game this morning. About 30 minutes after fly down and constant gobbling he went quit for 10 minutes. I caught him slipping through the woods and he stepped out at 40 yards. He immediately went into strut when he saw the hens. I called for the first time with him at 40, he gobbled, and he got a load of Hevi Shot. He was 20 lbs, 11.5 inch beard and 1 1/8 inch spurs. I'm almost sad the chase for Dildo is over. But hey, at least he got a lot of breeding in and the future for the property looks even better next year!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job. I hate to name a turkey. Don't want to get to know them that well..

Congrats!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Great job. I hate to name a turkey. Don't want to get to know them that well..

Congrats!!
    I'm the same way. If someone says they have a turkey that has a name, I don't want any part of it. That means he's kicked a many of a hunter's ass

Congrats!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Nice one!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Good job man. I hate to report that I am also after a named turkey. I've given him a few days since our last encounter but the heat is about to be on again......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Good job man. I hate to report that I am also after a named turkey. I've given him a few days since our last encounter but the heat is about to be on again......
    Good luck with him
    Last edited by PJ1012; 04-19-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Nice work!

good feelin

I can't stop laughing at the title of this thread.

Dildo....what an epic name for a turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I can't stop laughing at the title of this thread.

Dildo....what an epic name for a turkey
    Hahaha I can't take credit for it. A very good friend of mine who hunted him several times with me named him. I named one several years back that he and I hunted together that he eventually killed. I told him during the hunt a couple weeks ago, you know this bird has reached the status of naming him like I named Asshole (that was the bird's name we hunted several years ago). He immediately without hesitation said Dildo. I asked why Dildo and he said because he walks around with a hard on all the time because he's always has hens and still gobbles his head off.

nice work PJ

nothing like ending a 14 day battle with a two year old like deer hunting him to death in food plot.....

just kidding

kinda

congrats man. been there done that. sometimes they will make you wonder how you have ever killed a turkey before, and other times they will make you wonder how they have not all been killed as stupid as they can be.

Good Work!!!

Please flatten your hat bill a cunt hair or ten..

Thank you..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Of course you killed a bird named Dildo.

Never seen a two year old gobbler named!
    I learned from an old-timer years ago there's only one name for problem turkeys and that is Son of a Bitch!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I just have to know...

Is this off the property where you have all the TC pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    I just have to know...

Is this off the property where you have all the TC pictures?
    Was waiting on this. Good question... He'll probably tell you no even if it was.

Old dildo is still in the woods taking hens to pound town!
    After 14 days you killed his two-year-old kid brother off the roost it in his location since dildo followed a nesting hen off and found himself in a precarious and unfamiliar the day before!
    Old dildos still lives
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE