Thread: Glock frame modification

Default Glock frame modification

Anyone got recommendations on someone in SC who can modify a glock 19 frame. Specifically remove finger grooves, stipple and change grip angle. May send to boresight but it costs twice as much as the pistol did. Then again the resale value is there for his work.

Robbie Wheaton at Wheaton Arms.

Boresight a G19? I've never heard of such. What would that do?
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Boresight a G19? I've never heard of such. What would that do?
    http://www.boresightsolutions.com/

Ahh, gotcha.

Honestly, I would not be afraid to to do what you want yourself.

Get you a wood burning kit and get to work..... go slow, as it will take a while.

Do it yourself. I know some boys who had done it themselves and it turned out fine, cant say boresights looked any better than theirs did honestly.

I've stippled grips before on a shield and liked the results using a soldering iron. But changing the entire grip angle is a whole different story having to do a lot of cutting and filling. If I had a beater laying around with nothing much in it I would try. But not on a new gen 4 MOS. I'll reach out to Wheaton and post some pics when/if I get the work done.

I'd spend money on learning how to shoot before wasting money on changing the grip angle
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

There isn't much they can change on grip angle. I've shot some of the Robar guns that that had the angle "changed". Results were minimal. If the grip angle doesn't work trade it for an M&P or an XD.

I don't know that the actual grip angle changes but I will say this-

I handled one of Phil's guns(a gunsmith that used to work for Robbie) and it certainly pointed more naturally for me than a stock Glock.

With a Glock, I typically have to cant my hand/grip down...my CZ or a 1911, I don't have to do that. I believe it had more to do with getting rid of the finger grooves and more undercutting.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    There isn't much they can change on grip angle. I've shot some of the Robar guns that that had the angle "changed". Results were minimal. If the grip angle doesn't work trade it for an M&P or an XD.
    That's the damn truth. Glock grip angle is a love/hate. If it's not for you buy and M&P and sink your money into it.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I'm more used to the John Browning grip angle of sigs, M&P's and 1911's. I spend money on shooting and can afford to spend money on frame modification if it's worth it to me. Same reason I spend money on Geiselle triggers and quality optics rather than sticking with milspec triggers and iron sights. My goal is to make the best G19 with the features that are important to me. If smith made an intermediate sized gun like a g19 or P320 compact I would buy it. But they don't and I got a hell of a deal on a glock so I'm going to waste a bunch of money on tacticool stuff to see what it can become. Unfortunately I can't justify a salient arms BLU otherwise I'd just buy that.

The best thing you can do on a Glock, other than removing the finger grooves, is relieve the back of the trigger guard so you can get your middle finger (and thus your hand) higher up on the grip. If I'm shooting my Glock right, at the end of the day I'll have a little rub on the web of my hand. Not cut... but rubbed.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Robbie can do everything you want. I fully understand spending money on shooting and getting what you want. I just picked up a Para P18 that was tuned up by Cheely Customs. It is beyond smooth and the trigger is unreal.