Thread: James Gregory

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default James Gregory

This guy is a hoot. He makes jokes of things we've all seen or been around. I had a fat aunt and he acts almost exactly like her in this skit.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The dishes comment was funny

He like a country Liberace.

I talked to him for a little somewhere around eighteen years ago. He was hanging around the side of the club he was going to perform at. I can't remember the name, comedy house maybe, in Colatown. He had that denim shirt on, but some big gold gaudy glasses, glitter like. He was pretty funny in person, his act was good. It seems like this same act that he basically does today. He pops up at our Fine Arts center maybe like every other year or so, can't remember, but he's played it several times. He does drive himself in some big ass car to his acts.

Very nice guy I've met, and seen him perform twice and he is very funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is one of my favorites. He never made it super huge because he refuses to fly on a plane.
    Southern humor at its best, him and Jerry Clower are legends.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    He is one of my favorites. He never made it super huge because he refuses to fly on a plane.
    Southern humor at its best, him and Jerry Clower are legends.
    You're correct, if you aren't southern raised you wouldn't enjoy his stuff nearly as much.
    He was here at Angelo's steak house around 10 years ago or so. I've liked him ever since I first heard him on the radio way back when.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

He used to be on John Boy and Billy's show all the time and that's where I first heard him. Wife bought me tickets to go see him at Newberry Opera House last year and we all had thought he was funny as hell. Sidenote: If you ever listen to a Gamecocks basketball radio broadcast, one of our announcers(Judge Casey Manning) has a voice that sounds a lot like Gregory's.

My wife used to work at a comedy club many years ago. Believe it or not, I understand that he is more "funny" than most of you probably think!

Hence the Liberace remark

If I'm picking up what HS and WS are putting down that would explain that weird lisp he has.

I've heard his recorded stuff and seen him live. He's always funny but he'll make you sore from laughing when you see him live.

I don't know his orientation but politically, he talks/rants like a conservative. He's the funniest man in America.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I still think he's funny. I mean it's not like Freddy Mercury wasn't a badass. I always feel that way when I hear someone with a lisp, it's just me. But I've heard it the same thing from someone who was working at a place where he did a show. Once that gets in your head it's hard to pretend you didn't hear it.

He is one of my favorites if not my favorite comic. Had no idea but now that you mentioned it......
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-17-2017 at 11:07 PM.

I loved him until I just found out he's gay now I hate his comedy.