Thread: ATN X sight II 5-20

Default ATN X sight II 5-20

Anyone have the opportunity to play with one yet?

I bought one from a buddy of mine tonight. It should be here Wednesday. He didn't use it a lot and I have been toying with the idea of getting one.

Pros?

Cons?

I have the 3-14 or 12.... I haven't kilt anything with it. Yet. But it's fun to play with. I got an aftermarket IR illuminator to try, but the stock one works okay. I figure my hog killing distance is going to be about 150 or so yards, but I can see eyes on critters for a long ass ways and should be able to slip up on em. It makes my gun (top) heavy as hell. I put it on an AR-15 - the sight, illuminator, and suppressor damn near make it a crew served weapon.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Looks like a fun sight, but you're right, Swamp Rat, it's like slapping a full-size .45 on top of your rifle. And from the looks of it, in order to get all the goodies to work right I'd have to have the instructions with me. I don't think coyotes or hogs will stand still long enough for me to reread them before I shoot.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

It's pretty simple when you get used to it. You can take all the crap out of the view for a simplified display. First thing I did. First accessory I added was the external battery pack, which adds even more weight. If I'm hoofing it with the rig, I'll be using stout shooting sticks. I primarily intend to use it from a stand.

What kind of aftermarket ir did u buy and how much do they cost?

Only downside I've heard is the field of view is a little narrow. After your first shot it's hard to get a second target acquired quickly. This was from a guy that is night hunting pigs suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    What kind of aftermarket ir did u buy and how much do they cost?
    UniqueFire UF-1503 .... it's a different wavelength of IR (940 nm) and is harder to see the visible red glow. It doesn't throw as much as the 850 nm models, but seems sufficient for my purposes.

https://www.amazon.com/Uniquefire-UF...niquefire+1503

I got a cheap UTG QD mount for it so I can swap it with the factory supplied one (which also works fine, but has more "glow"). I forget which UTG mount I got. It moves a little but still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Only downside I've heard is the field of view is a little narrow. After your first shot it's hard to get a second target acquired quickly. This was from a guy that is night hunting pigs suppressed.
    I heard that the 3-14x X-Sight II HD is supposed to have more field of view, so I went that route. The scope pixelates a good bit at 9-10x or more, but I don't need that much magnification. I haven't kilt anything with it yet, I'll let you know how that works if I get lucky.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 04-16-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks