Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best tractor

Default Best tractor

35ish hp 4wd, loader and prefer gears with shuttle type tranny over HST. Mainly use for bush hogging, and some discing as well as general yard work with loader. I was recommended Kubota over Deere and NH by a guy at work, but looking for input from any of you that have similar. Something along the size of Kubota L3301 up to L3901 to give an idea
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Kubota
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I got a friend that's fixing to sell a kubota about that size with a loader and everything with around 20 hours on it. It is hydro though
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Kubota. Close thread.

I'd look hard at the kioti

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I got a friend that's fixing to sell a kubota about that size with a loader and everything with around 20 hours on it. It is hydro though
    Where?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I've heard nothing but good things about kubota.

Kubota!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

We have a smaller Kubota 3901, its hydrostatic though. It has always been a solid machine. Have had some smaller john deeres as well, but I would recommend the kubota over the deere as far as having a smaller utility tractor.

Kubota. I did extensive research looking at Kioti, Kubota, and John Deere and went with the Kubota.

Default Best tractor

Find a used 4050, 4430 ,2955 JD. Sorry I didn't have my glasses on misread hp
    Last edited by Timsmith; 04-12-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Find a used 4050, 4430 ,2955 JD
    Those are some of the best smaller tractors that deere ever made. No doubt. They just don't make them like that anymore.
    Last edited by 617huntsc; 04-12-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Out of curiosity, why would you want shuttle shift? HST is sooooo nice on the Kubota.

The farmer that leases my row crop fields told me that it doesn't matter that brand of tractor I buy....as long as it's green and yellow. I've got two other friends that switched from Kubota to Deere and said they were glad they did. These were bigger tractors though and both cases were upgrades on horsepower and/or a glass cab. Most knowledgeable folks I've asked said it's a Ford/Chevy type decision and to buy the brand that has the closest parts and service department to where you will be using it.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 04-12-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Kubota 3301 was a great tractor. I just got rid of one a few weeks back. Call me if you have questions.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

We put over 1000 hours per tractor each year on Kubota tractors. You couldn't pay me to take one off your hands. Big or small, doesn't matter. I'd take a Deere any day. They flat outwork the newer kubotas.
    For the ducks

I will always contend that size tractor will do nothing but piss you off as it is not big enough to do much.

I prefer green paint.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    We put over 1000 hours per tractor each year on Kubota tractors. You couldn't pay me to take one off your hands. Big or small, doesn't matter. I'd take a Deere any day. They flat outwork the newer kubotas.
    I wanted to subscribe to this thread as Im faced with the same dilemma, but I respect this man's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I will always contend that size tractor will do nothing but piss you off as it is not big enough to do much.

I prefer green paint.
    I also respect he-man's opinion

Even if he hates Alaska

I dont hate Alaska, I just hate wolves. Speaking of Alaska my little sis flew in tonight to visit and brought me a cooler full of frozen salmon and halibut she caught last fall.

I am a he-man who knows a little about tractors.
    cut\'em