Thread: My case builder

Default My case builder

Anyone ever dealt with this company? Basically if you have a hard case they can cut foam to your exact specs. I've got a couple rifle cases I'm needing to get organized and think this may be the way to go.

Anyone have first hand knowledge of them and their PE foam?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

got a link?

I assume they are basically custom fitting the foam to fit your specific guns??
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 04-10-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Get you a fucking electric knife and do it yourself

Mycasebuilder.com

It looks like shit when I do it. Plus I want thicker foam than what came in my Plano case.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

So I finally had a chance to sit down and look at designing new foam for the plano case in question. At first getting trying to figure out how to get their website to auto trace the photos I had was a royal pain in the ass. I finally found an online site that would allow me to edit the photos and make them transparent so that the app would auto trace the photos. Once I got that figured out I was able to get the both ARs, 3 Pmags, Silencerco omega, the Omega tool, and the Quick connect for the omega strategically placed through out the case. The 3D rendering looks real good and I cant wait to see the results.
    I placed the order and there is currently about a 9-12 business day wait time then ground shipping, so Im thinking sometime around the end of April before delivery. the cost for the foam only was $63.49, I added the $7.99 fail safe protection so if there is an issue I can send the foam back and get it recut, throw in flat rate shipping of $8.99 I was at $80 bucks.

I will say next time I will know to use online-image-editor.com to get the photos transparent and available to upload to the app.
    It seems to be easier to use the Ipad than the laptop but its not that difficult.

I'll update this thread once I take delivery and post photos

Def post pics

Here is one of the reviews on youtube

Coat hanger and soldering iron. DONE.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not with the pluck and pull foam in the Plano case. Besides I wanted something with more support than what comes in the Plano or Pelican cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Not with the pluck and pull foam in the Plano case. Besides I wanted something with more support than what comes in the Plano or Pelican cases.
    Are you replying to me right there?

Yes replying to you

The foam was delivered Friday but I wasn't able to pick it up until today.

Here's the layout of the original foam

Here's what mycasebuilder.com sent me

Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 04-27-2017 at 02:54 PM.

I've looked at doing that. Primarily for a case to carry all the damn guns I need for a Regional PPC match. It gets aggravating loading up a shotgun, four semi pistols, and three revolvers. Plus mags and speed loaders.

It does work better than pluck foam, and your case looks good.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I screwed up on one of the measurements for the 3 pmags that are supposed to be in the upper right corner. I have the option of sending it back and they'll cut it to make it right but right now it works good for the sling and a couple other small items like ear plugs and lube.

My other line of thinking is this case is just for transport so I may get another piece of foam built for the same case and use it for my shotguns when going bird hunting or shooting sporting clays.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 04-27-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Yes replying to you
    Sorry. I missed this. Wish I would have seen it beforehand so I could have sent you some pics.

Oh well. Looks like yours turned out well.

Looks great, Chuck. I may think about doing that for a double pistol case I've never set up to use.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'