Thread: I need a new double oven.

Default I need a new double oven.

Our bottom unit wouldn't heat a couple of months ago. The serviceman from Sloan said it was a bad something or other. It would be a costly fix because it's an older unit. The top unit crapped out two nights ago. I assume it's the same issue.

I need a 27" unit. It doesn't need to be fancy. I just want it to get hot, broil, and be well calibrated. Anything or any brands to avoid? Best places to find a good deal? Any advice would be appreciated.

If you can do it go wolf.
    You will thank me later!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Wolf is WAY out of my price range. I'll cook everything on the green egg before I go that route. Thanks for the tip.

From my experience most of your major name brands will be all you'll need... GE, Fridgedaire etc.

Everyone says
    It is out of their range along with sub zero fridges but they are work horses built to last like the old school stuff.

When you take into account these days a typical fridge is tore up in 5 years an a stove in maybe 6 depending on use compared to the life spans an it quickly justifies its self.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Wife has a LG double oven that she really likes