Bible Study Verse
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (NIV)

Thoughts
Years ago, I was venturing out on a fishing trip into Canada onto a lake where some of my family had already fished in previous years. In discussing with them what my options were going to be on this remote fishing trip, my brother-in-law offered me a map of the main lake where I was going to be fishing.

On this map, he had marked out what fish were located where. As I looked at the map, I recognized I was inheriting knowledge from him of years of fishing on this lake. I was going to benefit from years of his trials and errors.

I wasn't going to walk in blind to this lake and have to fend for myself in trying to figure things out. I knew where the small mouth bass were, the pike, and the walleye. It was all laid out for me in the map color coded with notes and lure suggestions to boot. I was set up for success!
(Dave M)

Action Point
God has provided us a map to life through His Word, the Bible. He has given us this map to show us the way to live life in a meaningful way. There is no need for confusion, lack of purpose, or direction.

The answers to life's core questions all find answers within the context of God's Word. He has left us a map to help us make it through this life and to the next one. He didn't just leave us to our own powers and volition to figure things out. Because He loves us so much, He left us a map. May we have the strength to follow His directions today!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Keeping notes on an area you are hunting or fishing over the course of time allows you a greater opportunity to succeed in the wild. It often takes years to figure a particular area out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk