Thread: Burris Fast Fire I, II, or III Weaver Mount

Default Burris Fast Fire I, II, or III Weaver Mount

Anyone have a Weaver mount base for the Burris Fast Fire I, II or III that you have no plans on using?

It turns out that my new Vortex Venom comes with a Picatinny mount and my 'new to me' Buckmark .22 has a Weaver rail on it. I never thought about it since the new Buckmarks come with Picatinny rails. It also works out that the Venom and the Fast Fires use the same mounting plates.

I know Vortex will trade the mounts, but I'd rather keep the Picatinny plate since I'm guessing I may want to use it in the future on an AR, etc. OR... if anyone here is using a Venom on an AR, did you end up buying the higher AR QD base instead of using the flat base that it comes with? If that's the case, it may not matter if I trade it.

I'm planning on calling Vortex tomorrow, but thought I'd check here first so I know what my options may be as they don't list the Weaver plate for sale, only trade.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

The venom and the Burris fast fire 3 are not the same at least mines was not. My Burris fast fire three would fit on a rifle mount with the skinny notch. This was because it had a screw that fit in the picatinny notch that was actually smaller than it. The venom has a block of metal that is the exact width of a true picitanny. It would not fit in the rifle mount. I had to take a file and file out the rifle mount.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 04-02-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    The venom and the Burris fast fire 3 are not the same at least mines was not. My Burris fast fire three would fit on a rifle mount with the skinny notch. This was because it had a screw that fit in the picatinny notch that was actually smaller than it. The venom has a block of metal that is the exact width of a true picitanny. It would not fit in the rifle mount. I had to take a file and file out the rifle mount.
    When you say 'rifle mount', should I assume you mean a Weaver mount/rail with the thinner slots?

And, you're right that the Venom and FF III bases are not the same. The Venom comes with a true Picatinny mount plate and apoarently the FF I, II, and III all come with a Weaver mount plate. However, both brands of red dots fit each other's mounting plates.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 04-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Yes I'm talking about the weaver thinner slots I just filed mine out with a bastard mill file and it was fine. I see what you are saying about the plates.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 04-02-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Yes I'm talking about the weaver thinner slots I just filed mine out with a bastard mill file and it was fine. I see what you are saying about the plates.
    I thought about filing one slot, but I'm not sure I can do it neatly enough to do it justice. I'll have to look at it tomorrow.
    ~ George Washington

The weaver mounts are cheap aluminum. If you go get like a 12" mill bastard file and turn it on it's side, it is the exact width of a picatinny rail. It is very easy to make it look neat. I had no problem . It took me like two min to do it to. And you can get it really level because of the paint. Just make sure the wear on the bottom is flat and even.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 04-02-2017 at 09:55 PM.