Thread: Shotguns

Default Shotguns

What are some brands other than the Winchester SX3 that allow you to load a shell from the magazine directly into the chamber by manually operating the bolt?

I know all of the older guns had this feature (Remingtons, etc). Just curious on new guns, can't think of one inertia driven gun with this feature.

Maxus

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    What are some brands other than the Winchester SX3 that allow you to load a shell from the magazine directly into the chamber by manually operating the bolt?

I know all of the older guns had this feature (Remingtons, etc). Just curious on new guns, can't think of one inertia driven gun with this feature.
    Would you please explain this. I must be missing something as I've never had a semi-auto shotgun that didn't load a shell from the magazine when manually operating the bolt. How else would you even do it???

How do the other newer guns do it? For reference, I've got a Browning Gold Stalker, BGH, and Benelli M1, all of which do the above.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Pretty much all gas guns (excluding the new rems) have an automatic shell magazine latch release. Only inertia driven and the new rems have the external manual latch release.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    Pretty much all gas guns (excluding the new rems) have an automatic shell magazine latch release. Only inertia driven and the new rems have the external manual latch release.
    You forgot beretta