Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck Tape -- How Do WE Get Something Like This?

Default Duck Tape -- How Do WE Get Something Like This?

We have a "golf cart" or "low speed vehicle" permitting process for golfcarts/UTVs.

But, TN, and MANY other states have actual license plates that allow UTVs on highways. They require a horn, blinkers, & insurance; side mirrors may even be a requirement.

Any interest in seeing if you can take this anywhere? It'd be a decent revenue stream for the state (if that would give you an additional leg to stand on). I'm sure many folks across the state would highly desire to be able to legally drive their SxS on state highways. Look at the damned liquor-cycles! A SxS couldn't be any worse.

Here is the state code from TN: https://legiscan.com/TN/text/SB2255/...2255-Draft.pdf

Hell no. It's bad enough I have to deal with mopeds. Keep your golf carts on the golf course where they belong.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Hell no. It's bad enough I have to deal with mopeds. Keep your golf carts on the golf course where they belong.
    This.

Nothing pisses me off more than getting hung up behind a line of golf carts who refuse to pull over. Garden City in the summer is the worst.

A golf cart that won't pull over on the causeway is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    We have a "golf cart" or "low speed vehicle" permitting process for golfcarts/UTVs.
    There is a permitting process for golf carts. NOT low speed vehicles. The Low Speed Vehicle law basically states that if you cannot maintain constant speed or keep up with traffic you have to put a reflective orange triangle on the back of the vehicle. That's it. It was intended for tractors and such and there is are exclusions in that particular law that apply to ATV's and Golf Carts. UTV's on the road scream death.
    Last edited by reeltight; 04-01-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    There is a permitting process for golf carts. NOT low speed vehicles. The Low Speed Vehicle law basically states that if you cannot maintain constant speed or keep up with traffic you have to put a reflective orange triangle on the back of the vehicle. That's it. It was intended for tractors and suck and there is are exclusions in that particular law that apply to ATV's and Golf Carts. UTV's on the road scream death.
    Bingo.

Keep the low-speed vehicles off the road except as noted, such as tractors with blinking lights and triangles like ?I use when taking the bush hog around to get across the creek.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

How about we not make any more laws that subject people to others stupidity.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

There are too many stupid people for it to work in this state. That said we ride ATVs all over around here except in town.
    cut\'em

Look at Tennessee. They have a massive trail system for riding atv and utvs. That is more than likely why they have these laws. The whole Mountain region is covered in them and this allows people who live near by to not have to trailer their SXS..

SxS s have automotive seatbelts, brake lights and roll cages as standard equipment . They are by far more safe than any golf cart. Absolutely no reason they should be EXPLICTLY excluded from the law, seriously read it it even gives examples for clarification. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    SxS s have automotive seatbelts, brake lights and roll cages as standard equipment . They are by far more safe than any golf cart. Absolutely no reason they should be EXPLICTLY excluded from the law, seriously read it it even gives examples for clarification. MG
    They also haul ass and people are stupid as shit. I would love to see them legal within 10 miles of your house or something like that but we would be scrapping kids up off the road on a regular basis.
    cut\'em

Yeah, this is just what we need. More shit shows on the roads

And more shit to be taxed on

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    That's my point.

MANY other states have done it. You don't hear about folks being smeared into a greasy spot on the road...

It would be a nice option, should one choose to apply a tag.

And as far as the "kid" comment goes, by law, you must possess a valid driver's license to operate a registered vehicle.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    They also haul ass and people are stupid as shit. I would love to see them legal within 10 miles of your house or something like that but we would be scrapping kids up off the road on a regular basis.
    I have been to more calls for people that have been seriously injured on golf carts than I have for ATVs, dirt bike and go carts combined

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    I have been to more calls for people that have been seriously injured on golf carts than I have for ATVs, dirt bike and go carts combined
    Location?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Location?

Ladys Island St Helena, including Fripp , Harbor and Hunting Islands. To clarify, we have a lot more golf carts than we do four wheelers and dirt bikes. But golf carts are dangerous. People drink and drive in them all the time and let kids that are way to young to drive them with out supervision.

I have no problem with them on neighborhood roads.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Sounds like someone just wants to show off their new toys on the highway. Fuck that noise.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

USMCSILVER where exactly do you need to go on the highway in your buggy? Is this to keep you from wearing the starter out on your f250?

Seriously the states that allow this have a lot lower population density than ours. I understand farmer going to check fields or even hunter going between nearby tracts but other than that there isn't much need to just ride around.
    cut\'em