View Poll Results: Should South Carolina pass a bill to protect employees ability to have gun in vehicle

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

69 67.65%
  • No

19 18.63%
  • Only if employee has a CWP

14 13.73%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debate: Should South Carolina pass a bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    This. Some think their right trumps others private property rights. If you don't like the rules work somewhere else. Reminds of people complaining about salary and not receiving raises. Make a change if don't like something don't whine to legislators to make your rights supersede others. Start your own corporation and allow guns.
    What you are saying to do is much easier said than done.

Preservation of life is one of the three unalienable rights listed in the Declaration.
    Not only do these laws infringe upon Something that says "shall not be infringed" it can potentially impact my " preservation of life"
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

But not on public or your private property but someone else's. Sure it is difficult to start a business that why those have should not have their property rights infringed upon because you decide to work for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I guess you are also good with making a Christian company name a cake for gays and a Muslim caterer serve ham.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There's no need for a bill like that. The employer has the right to expect employees to follow company policy, whatever they might be. Think drug testing. If the employee doesn't like the policies, he can work elsewhere. Everyone has choices and the freedom to make them if you can stop yourselves from thinking along the lines of coercion via legislation.

For all of you screaming private property, should your locked vehicle not be considered your private property?

The issue is if I go somewhere and they say no guns I should be allowed to leave my gun in my personal vehicle locked up. That way it stays in my vehicle and never infringes on anyone else's rights.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    For all of you screaming private property, should your locked vehicle not be considered your private property?

The issue is if I go somewhere and they say no guns I should be allowed to leave my gun in my personal vehicle locked up. That way it stays in my vehicle and never infringes on anyone else's rights.

Agreed.

No. If you bring your vehicle on someone else's property, you follow their rules.

If employer has a no drunk or high at work policy is that fucked up too because the substance is inside your body and that's private property? This my car private property inalienable right argument is short sighted, selfish, arrogant and fucking stupid. You want your right to supersede someone else's. You do have that right, and to find a job that will let you carry on their property, or start your own business as mentioned. Y'all quit being plain stupid. You CAN have a gun in your car to and from work but not at the company parking lot, it's just not convenient. You COULD meet someone everyday coming and goi g and hand off said gun before you go on company property. Now is the company keeping you from doing that too? Hell no. It's just not convenient or possible bc you don't have anyone readily available. But it's possible. Don't tell me what to do on my own private property bc it suits you and your beliefs thoughts lifestyle.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

This is so fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Many, if not a majority of comapanies have a "no firearms on property" policy.

Usually it is never an issue, I don't know of anyone here in town ever being terminated as a result of one of these policies.
    If there was a law that allowed people to open carry, but you opposed open carry, should the government mandate that you allow me to open carry in your yard and house?

I voted no, because I feel that the government should not dictate what you have to do or allow on your property.

With that said, if open cary was legal here, you would be more than welcome in my yard and my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Private property means they make the rules, if you come to my house with your glocks showing, be ready for a cussing and maybe a ass beating. This ain't the Wild West. Quit trying to impress someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm with private property rights on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    There's no need for a bill like that. The employer has the right to expect employees to follow company policy, whatever they might be. Think drug testing. If the employee doesn't like the policies, he can work elsewhere. Everyone has choices and the freedom to make them if you can stop yourselves from thinking along the lines of coercion via legislation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    If employer has a no drunk or high at work policy is that fucked up too because the substance is inside your body and that's private property? This my car private property inalienable right argument is short sighted, selfish, arrogant and fucking stupid. You want your right to supersede someone else's. You do have that right, and to find a job that will let you carry on their property, or start your own business as mentioned. Y'all quit being plain stupid. You CAN have a gun in your car to and from work but not at the company parking lot, it's just not convenient. You COULD meet someone everyday coming and goi g and hand off said gun before you go on company property. Now is the company keeping you from doing that too? Hell no. It's just not convenient or possible bc you don't have anyone readily available. But it's possible. Don't tell me what to do on my own private property bc it suits you and your beliefs thoughts lifestyle.
    The last 2 pretty much sums it up. If it belongs to you, you make the rules.

I tell my kids that as long as they live under my roof, they will live by my rules. And, it is not open for discussion.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

In my case I work on both public and private property. A bunch of times while on public properties I have been confronted by "Shady" characters. I drive a company vehicle and company policy is no firearms in company vehicles. Folks that drive personal vehicles can have guns on company property and even carry in the building if they have CWP. I think the men we have in the company vehicles are at a greater risk due to areas they have to go and hours they are there. So I don't like the way it's set up. Some men carry anyway, others just live with the rules. I personally do not carry at this time but I have been in some uncomfortable situations and may be a rule breaker in the future. Never know. BJ

I am not going to let some one tell me what I can keep in my car. If they do not want me to bring a gun into their business that's fine. But that car is my property.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post

Yeah. Keeping a gun in the console is exactly like going to work high or drunk. I'd actually say it's like meth and Mr Boston at the same time while smoking pall mall cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm with private property rights on this one.
    Should this also apply to customers? I mean if it's your parking lot you can tell them what they can have in their vehicle too, right?

Should this also apply to customers? I mean if it's your parking lot you can tell them what they can have in their vehicle too, right?
    Unfortunately for those of us who believe in and support the second amendment, yes. I do not agree with their opinions, but it is their property. You make the rules on your property, they make the rules on their property.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Of course. It doesn't bother myself personally, nor as property owner, businesses or private have you.. Hell, my main store about doubles as a game check station. If though someone doesn't want to shop or work in location that restricts guns then they can take their business elsewhere.

If you would like to see the full effect of obeying private property firearm policies, ride up to VC Sumner with your guns. Their is too many crazy ass fools who will shoot you these days over change in your ashtray, do you want to be shot for protecting $2.50 in change. Remember anything can be replaced, but your life. So don't be a dumass cause you got a gun.

I'm pretty sure nobody ever said"Man, I really want to shoot up my workplace, but I can't because they don't allow guns on the property."

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    If you would like to see the full effect of obeying private property firearm policies, ride up to VC Sumner with your guns. Their is too many crazy ass fools who will shoot you these days over change in your ashtray, do you want to be shot for protecting $2.50 in change. Remember anything can be replaced, but your life. So don't be a dumass cause you got a gun.
    So I would be better off letting them shoot me over the $2.50 then trying to defend myself? Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you are obligated to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody ever said"Man, I really want to shoot up my workplace, but I can't because they don't allow guns on the property."
    Nope. But if a company has posted signs, company policies and communication stating no firearms allowed on their property then the liability of the company drops tremendously​ and it falls more on the nut case that decided to shoot up their co-workers.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.