Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Kids first

Default A Kids first

I told my cousin Id take him this morning, stupid me agreed to do it the morning after I get off work at 3am. As I drag myself out of bed my phone begins going off as his excitement shows through the number of vibrations. Questions rolling in making sure he has all that he needs. I told him all he needed was camo and a face mask I had the gun. We get in the woods just in time for the first gobble of the morning. We had gone over where to shoot, when to shoot, staying still etc. As the sun rises the turkeys are screaming in the trees. After I hear the first flydown I get into an argument with a hen and a gobbler hammers at any sound thats made. I begin grinning bc I know we are at least in the game. Little back and forth then hen coming to check us out then back the way she came to carry Mr. Tom away. As we sit there in silence we hear a couple jakes crank up about 400 yds away. (Being his first hunt jakes were on the hit list as well) I start soft talking to them and all of a sudden a gobbler hammers 30 yards behind us, I definitely flinched but he about jumped out of his boots. Luckily the turkey didn't notice. I saw him circling past our left shoulders in full strut and I get him to slowly get the gun up. As the turkey steps behind the tree he gets the gun all the way up but is resting the barrel on his knee. As soon as the turkey steps out, gun barrel slips and falls and the turkey putts and hauls ass. I start cutting and yelping at him and he answers so he didn't go that far. He continues to gobble but goes out to the field to join another big strutter and more hens. I tell my cousin that pissing the hens off is about the only hope to pull them back into the wood line (field is not ours) After calling a bit a pair of gobblers cut off my next sound 200 yds to my left. I go silent for about 5 min then one gobbles one his own, this time at about 100. We get up against an ancient live oak and I tell him to get his gun up and ready bc at least one is coming hot. I start sweet talking and here they come at the t-rex pace that turkeys have. They get to 30 and I cut at them and they both double gobble and break into strut, drumming like hell. I whisper to him to take the safety off and get ready for the word. As soon as the front bird breaks strut and rings his neck up to look around, "Kill 'em". BOOM turkey is down. Unneeded but I sent him running to go step on its head (hey its a good feeling). By far the coolest hunt I have been on, I never though turkey hunting could get better.
    Needless to say he is ruined for life, killed a hell of a bird and got to see the best show around.
    19 lbs
    11" beard
    1" spurs

Killed him with Fed HW7 out of my little O/U. "Dude its got a red dot?" lol he loved that

https://www.facebook.com/carter.dupr...2742393581292/

Toting the whole load

The smile says it all and was 100% worth it

A memory that neither of us will forget

While he slept I cleaned the spurs and set the beard, found an old plaque I had laying around and used a fan I already had dry to make this for him
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

hope the video plays

That's awesome Carter. Congrats to you both
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Attaboy, very nice goldilocks!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Way to go bud!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Nice work!

Good job
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    I tell my cousin that pissing the hens off is about the only hope to pull them back into the wood line (field is not ours)
    teaching him the right way in more ways than one. congrats on a great hunt
    Last edited by wooddrow; 03-30-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Very nice. Congratulations to the young man.

Btw, I cant get the video to work.

It sucks that kids these days don't have better roll models......... fuck it at least he got to kill a turkey
    Last edited by Griffin; 03-30-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

He will never forget that hunt. Great job man !

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    It sucks that kids these days don't have better roll models......... fuck it at least he got to kill a turkey
    Who are you kidding? You already let it slip that I was your role model

That is awesome!

That's fantastic C! Good job

Good on both of you!
    Genesis 9;2

Awesome job man, story was great to read!

Heck yeah congrats to that young man and to you for taking the time to take him

Solid work bud!