Thread: Shimano - North Charleston

Default Shimano - North Charleston

Not sure how many of you know that Shimano recently relocated their USA headquarters to Ladson/North Charleston. I was just cruising their careers page and they are hiring a regional manager/territory sales for freshwater/Bass equipment out of North Charleston. Not sure the territory but might be a fun job for a young whippersnapper with a lot of energy. I'm sure you'd have to be dang good and be in a while before you made good money but it can be done.

just got the email from SCDNR about that

I saw that. Unfortunately I'm not a young whippersnapper anymore. I got plenty of energy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I saw that. Unfortunately I'm not a young whippersnapper anymore. I got plenty of energy though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had you in mind

Shoot...I'd try it in a heartbeat if I didn't have a wife and three boys that are solely dependent on my income. I bet you'd be lucky to make $40k the first couple of years.

Ive looked into it several times. Its the level of experience they are looking for that will be hard to find for someone starting out as they say they want 5+ years experience of territorial sales. That job has been posted for 6 months or so.
    Last edited by Fireman; 03-28-2017 at 11:01 AM.

I think Shimano's us hq is in Irvine CA unless something has recently changed. I turned down a job in 2000 to develop their rod line after they bought Loomis and referred a good friend who took it. Don Coffey Co was the rep group that handled everything Shimano fishing in those days. He's had Shimano and Costa for Florida and the SE for years. If this is something one of you is serious about and qualified for....shoot me a PM. One piece of advice....just because you love to fish doesn't necessarily mean you'll be good at this or enjoy the industry or lifestyle.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I can't imagine them wanting an experienced professional only to pay $40k/yr. But what do I know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I can't imagine them wanting an experienced professional only to pay $40k/yr. But what do I know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Agreed, think he was assuming though that you would be straight commission and might take a little bit to build up a customer base.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"